3D printed ignition rotor

tevel

Good morning all,

Looking after a pretty scarce ignition rotor for my WAGNER K815 distributor, I had 3D printed by one of my colleague. 

He just needs a picture and the dimentions of the original rotor and of the distributor shaft, he then can print a part that works really well. The only thing you need to add on is the small brass contact that flow the spark to the cap contacts.

Just in case some of you are inerested, here is his mail address      carrieri@hotmail.fr

Have a great day.

JJ.

JJ, I think if you clarify your posting, 

more people might be able to help you.

What car (or cars) is this for?

You say you had one printed in 3D;  but in the

next sentence it sounds as if you need more information

so that one can be printed.

I take it you're looking for one to use as a model.

Sorry for not being clear enough. I'm a French speaking person (from Belgium) and might have put to much trouble in my post.

I'm not looking for te part anymore as I had it printed already. My post was just to communicate to those who are looking for the same kind of part that the person who made mine could help them.

Sorry again for the confusion.

Great day to all..........

JJ.

It may be rash to presume the temperature it may be totally or partially exposed to inside the distributer in service.  Perhaps the most reliable application of the technology may be to make a mold to cast the working item from a thermo-setting plastic in the nature of Bakelite.   A three-D printer is constrained to build from thermo-plastic thread stock:  Please advise me otherwise if I am in error.   I suspect it may be possible to machine a rotor button from Bakelite rod,  but I cannot guess the comparative difficulty of machining one from stock because my son does not have 3D printer yet .............

I am having some very small trim parts 3D printed for my dash.  It is quite simple for those who know 3d modeling and have access to the printers.  New materials are allowing many parts to be a usable part directly out of the printer including some very harsh environments.