Third generation members

Restorer32

My Son received his first AACA membership card today. Even though he has worked in the resto shop since 2001 and has been to 32 Hersheys he never saw a reason to join before since Dad paid for the Hershey spaces and provided the mag for him to read. Since I'm trying to talk him into becoming a judge and he is slowly taking over the biz it seemed prudent that he join in his own name. This got me to thinking. He is now a 3rd generation member. I wonder how many 3rd, 4th or more generation members we have?

Looking at it from your son's eyes (I did the same thing for a while), it's probably no picnic for him, either. :ph34r:

Zing!

I will be buying my sons memberships, making them third-generation members. They think it's cool to get stuff in the mail with their names on it, and they've already been to more car shows than I when I was their age. They've earned a spot on the roster.

My region, The "Garden State Model A Region" has been around since the fifties. A few of the present members were sons of the charter members but none of their sons ever joined. That is the trouble all organizations are having, sadly. I joined in 1977. At 28 I was the youngest member. Now at 66 I'm still the youngest member.

My son and daughter were members, and my grandson is a 3rd generation member. He is a tour driver as well as a Judge. He became a member at about the same time he could drive his restored "Fire Chief" Pedal Car, or look at the pictures in "his" magazine. Now a High School Senior and Student Member, he will be entering college next fall, and has friends and surrogate grandparents all over the country.

post-97723-0-99061400-1447965559_thumb.j

My father joined AACA years AFTER I did. We're working backwards I guess.