Is this real?

countrytravler

Good call, Auburnseeker. Ford didn't offer factory COE trucks until (I think) 1938. But aftermarket suppliers did -- the one above appears to be from Brooks & Perkins aka Transportation Engineers Inc., Detroit Michigan -- marketed as the Dearborn Line.

sYH4hs.jpg

That exact truck in the picture is real, as in it exists. It is not photoshopped. I've seen it in person many times.

It didn't start out life as a cab-over truck, but was converted at a later date. I don't know who did the conversion / what company made the parts / exactly when it was done, but it was well done. It runs and drives just fine. There was a matching horse trailer with it originally that no longer exists.

It it owned by the City of Farmers Branch, Texas. Glad Acres Farm was a horse ranch that was within the city limits of Farmers Branch, Texas. The ranch is long gone and the city is yet another suburb in the greater Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex area. The truck is kept at Farmers Branch Historical Park (free, open to the public year-round) inside of a re-created old Texaco station. They have period photos of the truck before and after the conversion as well. Worth a visit if you're in the area.

That exact truck in the picture is real, as in it exists. It is not photoshopped. I've seen it in person many times.

It didn't start out life as a cab-over truck, but was converted at a later date. I don't know who did the conversion / what company made the parts / exactly when it was done, but it was well done. It runs and drives just fine. There was a matching horse trailer with it originally that no longer exists.

It it owned by the City of Farmers Branch, Texas. Glad Acres Farm was a horse ranch that was within the city limits of Farmers Branch, Texas. The ranch is long gone and the city is yet another suburb in the greater Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex area. The truck is kept at Farmers Branch Historical Park (free, open to the public year-round) inside of a re-created old Texaco station. They have period photos of the truck before and after the conversion as well. Worth a visit if you're in the area.

They must have had the same pic that Magoo posted when they converted it. It looks identical.

Guest cben09

Rod Blood,,,the Packard collector west of Boston,,had a coe with

a spool winch head in the front of the deck,,

Someone should have a pic of this,,I have a pic of a Hisso phaeton

on deck but sideboards only showing,,

Rod moved many friends cars on this rig,,The doghouse gasket

had gone south,,oil vapor tastes awful,,even with the

windshield WIDE ooopen,,ugh !! Never immagined there would be

any interest in Rods Ford truck,,he had 18 Packards in the barn

Gee,,could that be,,,ill try counting again,,Cheers,,Ben

• 2 weeks later...