Another DB hits the road

RWPerry

Our Senior Six, Model 2249 is finally back on the highway after 36 years of restoration. The second owner bought the car in 1973 and tore it apart to restore it. Then, however, he bought a Fast Four roadster already done and ready to go so he lost interest in the Senior. We bought it last October, mainly in boxes. It took two trailer loads to get everything home but fortunately it was only about 45 miles away. It still needs a little tweaking but we are driving it to a car show with our AACA Region for it's debut. The first photo is from 1973 when it was purchased after 40 yrs of storage.

post-32618-143142200404_thumb.jpg

post-32618-143142200134_thumb.jpg

post-32618-1431422004_thumb.jpg

Just curious RW, were the whitewalls original for that year ? Not trying to critique anything cause I think it looks great the way it is.

Love the paint scheme btw...

The car would probably have come with blackwalls.

The info I got was that this car was purchased at the Chicago auto show that year. The paint scheme matches what was originally on the car which of course would have been done special for the show. As far as the tires go, who knows what they would have used for the show but I would guess black walls. These tires are what the second owner bought for it.

I did the car in fairly fast time, 9 months, so I would be sure to have it for the centennial meet. It got a lot of attention at our AACA Region show today. It made it there and back okay, although I have a few engine tweaking problems to work out. At least all of my rebuilding efforts on the brakes seems to be fine. The master cylinder was a total mess when I started.