Father Buick and '54 Buick Highway make national news

MrEarl

That's awesome!

And after finally seeing a face to put with the name after all these years, it's pretty apparent Fr. Buick has been garage-kept, whereas I've been parked by braille, derby'd and left out in the weeds.

-Brad

That clip let me know that me and Father Buick are the same age.

Apparently he has less miles on him :D

Ditto for me, 1985 was a good year to graduate, and I was even born in Orange :)

Cheers,

Budd

1985? My daughter graduated in 1987? What road have I been traveling? Did I make a wrong turn somewhere? Msgr. Doug's car reminds me of the '55that I drove to high school; graduated in '65. Dad had had a '63 wildcat at the time. When I was a Jr. in college in '68, I bought a '64 Wildcat Spt. Cpe. My friends were driving Cougar XR7's, Chevy SS's, and Olds 442's. I guess I started down that different road in the beginning.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

That clip let me know that me and Father Buick are the same age.

Apparently he has less miles on him :D

And I figured you were much older than me. What with that fancy car lift in your photo, I figured you are too old to crawl under an old Buick anymore.

And I figured you were much older than me. What with that fancy car lift in your photo, I figured you are too old to crawl under an old Buick anymore.

:D

Unfortunately, the car I want to work on is never on the lift.

I pulled the exhaust manifolds and crossover pipe on my wagon last week without even jacking it up. Yes, that crossover pipe CAN come out with the wheels on the ground.

Maybe I need another lift?

Guest wildcat465

Both of you guys are old.

It seems to me Paul is pretty close to my age, which isn't far behind you old guys.

When I built the new shop, I had one corner of the slab poured thicker and the in-floor plumbing routed around to eventually put in a lift. Convenience is a factor, not just age.

Guest wildcat465
If they're "old" then what would that make Willie....not to mention Robert E.... and for that matter ME?shok.gif

OK I was just kidding, mostly a joke on the fact I am pretty much the same age as Fr Buick, Budd, Mike, and Derek.

Lamar, you and Willie and Robert E. are "properly aged", and I mean that in a good way.

Guest wildcat465
Paul,

I have children almost your age!!!(43 & 40)

That doesn't change the fact that you are alright in my book.

If they're "old" then what would that make Willie....not to mention Robert E.... and for that matter ME?shok.gif

Kindly warn a brother before making comments like that.

I was perusing the forum whilst enjoying a hot cup of coffee. Luckily, I'm outside so the spit-take didn't stain anything...