Amazing Video on Dodge Brothers plant from 1917.

DCE

Anyone else notice that as the cars were driven off the line, the first couple were left-hand drive and then off came a right-hand drive? I love the way the bodies were "sprayed" with enamel.

No but I did notice a RHD when they were testing them up the hill at the 22:32 mark. There was two cars stopped at the bottom, the 2nd driver jumped out of the passenger side to check something then gave the camera a quick glance and jumped back in then drove up the hill.

Sure makes you wonder where some of these beauties ended up.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

All I can say is wow, I am trying to find a link to purchase a copy but do not see it. Am I missing it?

This film is simply brilliant!

I notice that the 'Save America's treasures' who supported this film resto. have closed their office due to Government cuts so I doubt if copies are available now. I have saved it with my 'favourites'.

Two questions have been answered categorically; 1) the cars were painted with enamel and 2) the springs were attached before painting. These questions have been raised and answered before but now we have the evidence!

Does anyone know what the building in the last few frames is? It looks familiar.

Ray

Edited by R.White (see edit history)

Guest stephen48

Seeing the way they sprayed them with enamel makes me wonder whether runs in the paint were common. Can anyone who has seen an original paint survivor comment on this ?

I do paint for a living and can tell you that often times it is common if someone ( never me :) ) were to have a run than we would just spray the hell out of the panel until it all ran down to the bottom and just dripped off, after it was dry we just shaved off the stringers down at the bottom edge and done.

Obliviously we try and refrain from this because alot of wasted material.

Ok I will just ask, I attempted contact with them to purchase a copy of the video and I have had zero response, is there any way to copy and save the video on a disk myself. I am afraid that eventually the video will just go away and I would very much like to view it later on. Thanks

I used Firefox and was able to download the file. It's just over 250MB in size and plays in Windows media player.

I just watched the end of the video and was surprised to see the fenders and top removed before shipment.

Jim

When you say download do you mean save it, download to your computer so it is saved on your comp? How do I do this?

When you say download do you mean save it, download to your computer so it is saved on your comp? How do I do this?

Yes, I was able to save it to my computer. I used Firefox instead of Explorer. I went to the site with the video and started the video. After the introduction was over a screen popped up that asked if I wanted to open the file or save it. I chose save and it copied the video to my computer. You might give Firefox a try and see if it works for you.

Jim

Yes, I was able to save it to my computer. I used Firefox instead of Explorer. I went to the site with the video and started the video. After the introduction was over a screen popped up that asked if I wanted to open the file or save it. I chose save and it copied the video to my computer. You might give Firefox a try and see if it works for you.

Jim

I do have/use firefox, I will have to see if it works for me

Nope, does not work like that for me, I tried explorer just for the heck of it and no go either way. I am assuming you mean Mozilla Firefox? This is what I have been using.

Any chance you would/can send a copy to my e-mail address. I do not know if this is possible but I would think so. jhason2@yahoo.com