danceswithpumps

1933 Franklin 7 passenger Sedan

On 5/29/2019 at 4:54 PM, Steve Braverman said:

I drove one once. It felt like my '32 Airman, if the back see were filled with cement blocks. Once it got rolling it was nice, but very heavy.

We once did a trip to the factory while being torn down and filled all the cars up with bricks - everyone's car felt that way for a couple of days. 

On 3/8/2020 at 12:55 PM, alsancle said:

0DEFD72E-ED45-4CC8-8928-5551C59584DC.jpeg

E4BCCD24-EDEF-4BC3-A861-3BC7379ED31A.jpeg

Bob, the stainless trim rings on the wheels are a huge pick-me-up in looks !

On 3/16/2020 at 1:29 PM, John_Mereness said:

We once did a trip to the factory while being torn down and filled all the cars up with bricks - everyone's car felt that way for a couple of days. 

My dad was there for that. I have a few bricks.

• Like 1

There is a gorgeous 32 airman on the club for sale sight now. Selling for less that my paint job cost.

21 minutes ago, odat said:

There is a gorgeous 32 airman on the club for sale sight now. Selling for less that my paint job cost.

This one?

1.jpeg

19 minutes ago, odat said:

It is a nice car - Jeff Wyle and I were the first people to go out riding in it with Frank Gardner as we were walking through the parking lot while the restorer was unloading it - I think the restorer wanted everyone to see it first and we said let's go driving = the restorer was most objectionable, though Frank was very enthusiastic.  I would say that was in the early 1980's.  It is a well done car and a nice article is in an ACD publication with front and rear cover shots.  Frank's son (a very nice fellow) reverted it back to most all its standard equipment other than it still retains a rather ingenious power steering assist. And, restoration appears to have held up well, but probably no longer suited to win AACA and CCCA events without significant under hood and undercarriage upgrading/detailing..