GREAT SONG: Little Rivi-Airhead by Junior Brown

Guest middleman

Guest middleman

I've been a fan of JB for about 16 years now. Have seen him live three times and nothing like standing 20 feet away from his Twin Reverbs as they scream at ya!

This Riv-inspired tune is featured on "Down Home Chrome" and is one of the few albums that I didn't have until downloading it today.

Anyway I figured some of you guys who didn't know about the tune would get a kick out of it and for those of y'all who haven't heard of Junior Brown; guit with it!

Def one of the best guit-steel players out there.

John B

Guest middleman

Sold an amp to a guy once who worked on one of JB's amps and said he was a bit of an "ogre". Interesting to hear the Brown's own (or owned) a Riv. I knew Jimmie Vaughan has the well-known '63.

We saw Junior Brown perform live in Wausau, Wisconsin last night. What a show. He did the Little Rivi Airhead song, and glanced/smiled at Tanya Rae (his wife, who plays acoustic rhythm guitar) a couple of times during it.

Mike Middleton from above post: As you can well imagine, the drummer last night got a heck of a workout during Junior's non-stop 90 minute set. About 95% of the songs were uptempo (some extremely so), and the drummer's hands and feet were almost blurred many times just to keep up with Brown. What a pace. It is likely you should be commended for lasting a year with Mr. Brown! John

• 9 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread.

This song is listed on the Hagerty list of 10 unknown automobile songs.

Ten car songs you rarely hear - Hagerty Media 

24 March 2016

Cool tune. JB obviously knew what he was singing about!

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1

To those of you who don't know, this is Junior's '65 Riviera that I own now. Got a ton of receipts in a book with his name on it.

Maybe he wrote the song pertaining to this car, lol.

20180510_124213.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It’s hard to find but on YouTube searc for Two Tons of Steel video.  A group of Dutch boat tail owners put it together.  In the lyrics you’ll hear reference to “ V8”, “Turbine Drive”, “63”, and “Riviera.”  Make sure you have the volume up and the bass cranked.

• Like 1

Good old Junior. He rides in my head in the '64 Riviera sometimes when I get this favorite stuck in my head.

Had the Riviera for 45 years this Spring. And just had my 40th wedding anniversary on Valentine's Day. Couple of unaccounted years there.

Now I'll have the song stuck in my head.

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1