The beast is back

Bushwack

Well the seller does say, buried in the middle of that big paragraph, that the car does not have the original front end. And the side photo clearly shows the lack of belt moldings and wrong headlights and turn signals. So buyer beware for not reading the description and examining the photos carefully. But gosh - I wouldn't want to be within a mile of the buyer when he takes delivery and sees what he bought.

Was looking at the photo of the engine compartment. Besides the front clip hack, I wonder what the deal is with the big wiring harness running across the front of the engine? Probably don't want to know...

To me this ad is closely related to the Ebay ad for the 1988 Select 60 hub caps.

This seller must know the front of his car is not like other Reattas, so is he slighly dishonest or stupid? He hypes the features of the car and the fact that in his words it is "super low mileage".

Along the lines of "who is responsible" the buyer or the seller.... do a Ebay search for Reatta hub caps. (here is a link) reatta hub caps | eBay

Now pick one of the "4 hub caps" for sale ads, they say "fits Reatta"

I have never tried but I'll bet you 2 tickets to a bad movie, that these 15" hub caps will not fit a 15" reatta (alloy) wheel. I feel certain that the bead on a alloy wheel is smaller than a steel wheel in diameter, since all Reattas came with alloy wheels then the seller is stating something that will not actually work. Again who is wrong, the seller or the buyer.

In my opinion, the seller has some responsibility to state correct facts when they place an ad.

If they don't know anything about an item then say so...... do not make up bad statements.

If I need a new printer cartridge for my XYZ printer and I do a search looking for that specific XYZ printer cartridge, have I done everything in my power to find the correct item?

Does the seller share some responsibility when he list the cartridge as for my my printer and it does not fit?

I'm afraid I don't see this car the same way most of you do. It's not a bad looking car to me if the side moldings were the same color as the car. Just because it is not stock doesn't mean it's ugly and deserving of being called "the beast". I like the looks of a Regal and I like the looks of the Reatta. Why shouldn't I like the looks of a combination of both?

I would agree that the seller isn't up front in telling the car isn't stock. Maybe he should be the one called "the beast" instead of the car. :D;)

With the black side moldings removed I think it is a nice looking car.<br>attachment.php?attachmentid=104441&d=1319551016

post-52331-143138709912_thumb.jpg

Guest Double M

I sent the seller a question...

"If the car is in Excellent condition, why does it have a Riveara front end on it?"

The lack of a front end picture, set me off.

No reply yet.

However, he solved his Headlight problems in a creative way!

Guest blue72beetle
I'm afraid I don't see this car the same way most of you do. It's not a bad looking car to me if the side moldings were the same color as the car. Just because it is not stock doesn't mean it's ugly and deserving of being called "the beast". I like the looks of a Regal and I like the looks of the Reatta. Why shouldn't I like the looks of a combination of both?

I would agree that the seller isn't up front in telling the car isn't stock. Maybe he should be the one called "the beast" instead of the car. :D;)

With the black side moldings removed I think it is a nice looking car.<br>

I sent the seller a question...

"If the car is in Excellent condition, why does it have a Riveara front end on it?"

The lack of a front end picture, set me off.

No reply yet.

However, he solved his Headlight problems in a creative way!

It's not a Regal or a Riviera front end. Looks like a LeSabre, but could be Park Avenue, I can't tell.

Come one people, everyone throws a fit when hubcap guy gets made fun of, but no defenders for abortion car?

The internet truly is the wild west...

The second verse of this story is also missing. You would not put a different front end on a car unless something happened to the original front end.

Speculation would be it was wrecked. Probably could not find the Reatta parts or maybe a body shop purchased it wrecked and with their years of experience and a six-pack one evening said something like.." I'll bet that front end off that 1937 Packard would fit on this car"

And the rest is history.

Guest Double M

I got a reply from the Seller. He said it is a LeSabre Hood and "Panels" put on by the previous owner - but that the car is in excellent condition otherwise. :rolleyes:

Guest Richard D
I got a reply from the Seller. He said it is a LeSabre Hood and "Panels" put on by the previous owner - but that the car is in excellent condition otherwise. :rolleyes:

Well maybe, but the A/C condenser was damaged in accident and not replaced. Oh well it sold. Think it will show up here?