What had a six lug 17 inch wire wheel?

gossp

The title says it all, I'm looking to figure out what kind of car six lug seventeen inch wire wheels belong on. I bought five wheels/tires sight unseen that were supposed to be model A and they are far from it.

The title says it all, I'm looking to figure out what kind of car six lug seventeen inch wire wheels belong on. I bought five wheels/tires sight unseen that were supposed to be model A and they are far from it.

Did Model A use 17" wheels? (A rhetorical question)***

There were many cars that used six lug seventeen inch wire wheels and to avoid generic knee-jerk answers from armchair experts please post a photo of one of your wheels, at the very least give the rim width (where the tire seats between the flange/beads) and the bolt pattern/circle diameter. The number of spokes and hubcap opening might help.

***The rhetorical question is usually defined as any question asked for a purpose other than to obtain the information the question asks

Edited by dep5
duh (see edit history)

Did Model A use 17" wheels?

There were many cars that used six lug seventeen inch wire wheels and to avoid generic knee-jerk answers from armchair experts please post a photo of one of your wheels, at the very least give the rim width (where the tire seats between the flange/beads) and the bolt pattern/circle diameter. The number of spokes and hubcap opening might help.

Model As never had 17" wheels (originally).

I think it a disservice to those who answered Chevrolet to the question were making "knee-jerk" answers to the question! I am sure some of them are well aware that there were multiple other automobiles which used that size wheel. My bet has it that they are also aware that the odds of such a wheel being -- other than Chevrolet -- are probably far less than 10%, My guess less than 5%. Perry

One easy way to tell a ford wheel is that the wires are welded on both ends, the rim and the hub. I think Chevies were welded to the rim but not the hub and Plymouths weren't welded on either end but I could be mistaken on that. Most regular cars used the same size tires industry wide, starting at 21 inches in the twenties and dropping to 19" in 30-31, 18" in 32, 17" in 33-34 and 16" in 35. Most cars kept their 16" tires till 48 or so.