56 Roadmaster Finally Done!

Guest gunjeep444

Guest gunjeep444

I got the re-chromed bumpers on and took it out of the garage for a little drive. Might have to get the cooling system flushed again, seemed to be heating up some. Always something, so maybe not done!

post-67843-143138578855_thumb.jpg

post-67843-143138578858_thumb.jpg

post-67843-14313857886_thumb.jpg

post-67843-143138578863_thumb.jpg

Beautiful job Jerry. You will be proud driving that sweetheart.

BTW, did you see the post about the sticky speedometer on the 56? Said one cause is binding by inconsistent tightening of the 4 screws what hold the speedometer in place.

BEAUTIFUL job Jerry. Congratulations. I love to watch these projects from start to end. You did a great job.

But looks like you got some 'splainin to do. Just what may we ask were you doing at the Dream Motel? :)

WTF, what's up with outing our Buick Buddies Lamar??? LOL!!!!

Guest gunjeep444

Lamar gave me the ebay address of a postcard at a motel, same color as mine! I won it in an auction, should get it next week.

Got the Buick all ready for it's first car show on Sat. Was forecast to be pretty hot, so I put a electric fan in just to be sure, it's over in the next town. Even found a hole on the left side of the lower dash that the switch fit into.

Jerry, what a beauty! Nice job on the car. Let me know how the electric fan works out for you. How did you mount the fan on your rad?

Anyway, the car is beautiful. Enjoy driving that spectacular Buick.

Guest gunjeep444

Thanks guys.

Jim, I got a 16" fan from the auto store. It had some plastic/foam things you could just insert through the radiator, I think, but I didn't do that. I had some angle metal with holes in it. They lined up good with the bolts on the flat area beside the radiator. Bottom angle did not quite line up, when it was attached to the holes on the fan, but a large washer pinched them good. Happened to have a hole already in the lower left of the dash, I put the switch there and a fuse out on the fan. Just grounded it to one of the bolts. I did pull out the horns to have better access and finagle the fan in. Was not too bad of a job.

later, Jerry