What year is this??

cobravii

I'm ok with the lowering and the lettering, but why in the Hell did he stick that Thrush woodpecker on there?

I do believe that is the Clay Smith Cams logo, which would be "period correct" for that model year AND pre-date Thrush exhaust systems be several years.

Regards,

NTX5467

Looks like someone went to a great deal of effort to fit the ribbed lower body trim from an Electra 225 to this LeSabre Estate Wagon. I don't care for the lowered look, but it's a great looking car.

I don't think it's ribbed. I think he put the division stainless trim on and added gray paint below.

Guest santa fe

Let us all be thankful that we can look at this Buick in all it's Beauty and not criticize i't's possible custominzing or the fact it could have faced crushing, in this day in age. This person saw this car and saw somthing new and beautiful to them, or maybe it could be a family heirloom. Let's take the time to find out if they are in the Club and welcome their inspiration, because it looks like they have taken the time to maintain an automobile in CANADA in the WINTER and maintain the soul of the car. I love it and if I wasn't trying to sell a 62 Skylark Conv. and a 70 Riviera, I'd contact them and see if it was for sale. I think it's wonderful that it appears to be still running and useful. What do you think?

Jack - Santa Fe

There were 2222 8 passenger versions built and 5331 6 passenger LeSabre wagons made in 1960...and over 13000 convertibles.

Does the signage on the door imply that perhaps it is used for a current business? You wouldn't want to park a car like that on the street here...first of all there are Winnipeg drivers, and things are about to cool down for the next few days. Of course, the way most of us baby our cars now, we forget that 50 years ago these were basic transportation and wagons in particular often led a hard life in terms of carrying stuff.

Looks like it's been air-bagged, from the way the front wheels aren't all cambered-out at that ride height . . . which means that the "lowered" stuff could be undone with the proper replacement items. I'm not all that enthused about such a modification, BUT at least the car is still around, apparently running, and can be enjoyed by new Buick enthusiasts of the future.

I've seen MANY '60 Buicks which have been customized with paint schemes and such. The "lines" of these cars are generally very complimentary to such activities! Moreso than other model years, it seems.

Regards . . .

NTX5467

Let us all be thankful that we can look at this Buick in all it's Beauty and not criticize i't's possible custominzing or the fact it could have faced crushing, in this day in age. This person saw this car and saw somthing new and beautiful to them, or maybe it could be a family heirloom. Let's take the time to find out if they are in the Club and welcome their inspiration, because it looks like they have taken the time to maintain an automobile in CANADA in the WINTER and maintain the soul of the car. I love it and if I wasn't trying to sell a 62 Skylark Conv. and a 70 Riviera, I'd contact them and see if it was for sale. I think it's wonderful that it appears to be still running and useful. What do you think?

Jack - Santa Fe

X2 This is a sharp looking wagon and I would be proud to own it!

Dandy Dave - I didn't realize you were that good with "new" Buicks ;):D

Neat looking car...I wouldn't be upset about owning it. Is it lowered, or is that just an illusion created by the snow?

I just WAG'ed it. I usually wait for someone to throw rocks and tell me

I'm off a year because of such and such.... :eek:

Nothing like throwing something out there close for everyone to jump in and say why it is, or is not. I notice that many will not start to post a reply, but will finish it to prove they're right if your wrong. :P I learn a lot that way. :) I think it is a very cool old wagon. :cool: Also, google is my friend, and I'm old enough to remember this vintage of used cars in daily use.. ;) Dandy Dave!

I strongly concur . . . . "Go retro, just once!" Something with "lines" and "intresting shapes", plus "colorful interiors"! Certainly won't find Lexus THERE!!!

For the comment about that being a Lucerne SW prototype? (Comments deleted by poster).

Happy Holidays!

NTX5467

Jack - Santa Fe

I think you're right on Jack!!!! :cool: