October "Bugle" -- the National Meet issue

Centurion

I was excited, as always, to see my October Bugle in the mailbox, and I eagerly anticipate the annual National Meet issue in particular.

The October issue reminds me once again that there are really very few events that can measure up to a Buick National Meet. Those of you who have attended one or more National can affirm what I'm saying here, and any of you who have not yet enjoyed the privilege of attending a Buick National should make it a goal for the years ahead.

The photos and reports from the 2010 meet in Ames are excellent, and Pete deserves recognition again for his fine coverage.

I want to direct everyone's attention to this month's President's Message on page 4. While reading the message, I was really struck by Rick Young's gracious words and grateful attitude toward everyone who had participated. I realized that Rick is a class act, and I think that the tone he and Bill Stoneberg established for the National Meet had everything to do with its success.

I only wish I could have been there! I have no idea when I'll next be able to attend a Buick National, but I'm already looking forward to it.

I still regret I couldn't be there...to see the Landau alone would have been worth it.

To add to that the fact that I would have been able to meet all the new friends I have made on these forums this last year would have made it a great trip for sure.

I'm checking my mailbox every day now...;)

My dad and I are planning Danvers...can't wait. I won't have my Buick project ready but just spending time with him for a week, sharing his memories of his car from his youth should be neat.

Bob...don't hold your breath. Remember you live in Canuckistan. My regular edition usually arrives the last week of the month these days. I'm hoping there's an extra package with Teresa's name on it that I can peruse earlier though.

You know, I've often wondered how it is that Brian can frequently be the first to comment on the Bugle way out on the left coast. The postal service is indeed a mystery....

I've often wondered how it is that Brian can frequently be the first to comment on the Bugle way out on the left coast. The postal service is indeed a mystery....

No mystery Derek, the east coast guys get their copy the day before we all leave for Hershey and don't have time to comment about it until we get back!!! Well, that's my excuse anyway!

Being with and sharing memories of your Dad's youth is priceless. Go for it!

Hope to see you in Danvers.

Indeed. My father has gone with me for four of the five Nationals that I have attended, and it has brought us closer together. Plus, he buys dinner every once in a while :)

It's the trip I think that will mean the most, my Dad and I spent endless hours together and many a mile travelling to every hockey rink in the land as I was growing up....what a way to raise a Son.

As for him paying...he tried to do that once. When the Senators came to Ottawa I decided then that I was going to bring him to a game a year. It is after all the least I could do after all his efforts to bring me to my games all those years. Well he decided that he would buy the beer....I'll never forget that moment:

Clerk "That will be $22.00 please"

Dad "Umm no I only got two beer"

Clerk "Yes, Two beer at $11.00 each is $22.00"

Dad to me "Your buying the rest kid"

:D

I was excited, as always, to see my October Bugle in the mailbox, and I eagerly anticipate the annual National Meet issue in particular.

The October issue reminds me once again that there are really very few events that can measure up to a Buick National Meet. Those of you who have attended one or more National can affirm what I'm saying here, and any of you who have not yet enjoyed the privilege of attending a Buick National should make it a goal for the years ahead.

The photos and reports from the 2010 meet in Ames are excellent, and Pete deserves recognition again for his fine coverage.

I want to direct everyone's attention to this month's President's Message on page 4. While reading the message, I was really struck by Rick Young's gracious words and grateful attitude toward everyone who had participated. I realized that Rick is a class act, and I think that the tone he and Bill Stoneberg established for the National Meet had everything to do with its success.

I only wish I could have been there! I have no idea when I'll next be able to attend a Buick National, but I'm already looking forward to it.

Brian you said it and all Buick owners need to read your post. The Bugle is first rate, Pete does a great job and the Officers of the BCA go out of their way to make it a great club. I have been able to make every national meet since 2004 and hopefully I wont miss one in the future. It really pains me when non members make negative comments about the BCA and the divisions and chapters. Thanks to the BOD for all they do, it is a tough job and I dont see many people saying thanks.The cruise to Jewell last summer will be hard to beat for a long time

Chuck Kerls

The October issue reminds me once again that there are really very few events that can measure up to a Buick National Meet.

The article of Bob Heatons orig owner 65 Wildcat, 4sp, conv, 425, dual quad, A/C car driven 1850mi to the meet is quite possibly my all time favorite article of any Bugle......at least in recent memory. I've read it 3 times so far.

Guest sintid58
The article of Bob Heatons orig owner 65 Wildcat, 4sp, conv, 425, dual quad, A/C car driven 1850mi to the meet is quite possibly my all time favorite article of any Bugle......at least in recent memory. I've read it 3 times so far.

That was the first car I noticed when we got to the host hotel and checked in. Absolutely stunning car my wife had to follow me around with a towel wiping the drool so I didn't get it wet.

Guest wildcat465

And I got to judge it!

Sweet ride.

Our "advance" copy arrived a couple days ago...man, is it heavy! With other stuff going on, I haven't been able to make my way entirely through it yet, but as usual, it is thoroughly enjoyed. I spent this morning scanning / photographing Teresa's article since her teachers like to see this sort of thing. Fourteen years old and three published articles...that makes for a proud poppa.

I spent this morning scanning / photographing Teresa's article since her teachers like to see this sort of thing. Fourteen years old and three published articles...that makes for a proud poppa.

Don't forget Joesph's photo credits Derek.

Sharp eyes Kevin. That was a neat shot...Pete sent an e-mail shortly after the meet - we had 3 digital cameras with us and I burned the photos to DVD for him Saturday afternoon before the banquet. Anyway, he seemed quite impressed with the shot. I guess there is something to being 10 and having a shorter perspective on the world. There's one or two other photos in there with anonymous credit since the cameras were changing hands and all. There is one credited to me though that I think was Luke...since I'm pretty sure I'm in the photo. Add in the radio piece and it seems we're all over this issue.

All y'all must really be getting sick of me.