Hershey- wagon parts transport on flea market field

trimacar

Hi- does anyone going to Hershey have a son or daughter who'll be transporting parts for a fee? There used to be kids with wagons who did this. I have a part weighing about 40 pounds that needs to get from the red field to the green field, to and from specific spaces. I'd pay up front for the service. thanks

Used to see them all over the Carlisle meets too. I commented to a friend last time we were there that you didn't see the kids out hauling parts to make money anymore. Guess people have become leery of letting their kids haul stuff for strangers, as well as school districts trying to keep their attendance numbers up- all tied to Federal funding ya know.

The Carlisle area Boy Scout troops made a good chunk of money hauling parts at $5 a pop. I'd always seek out a couple of Scouts with a wagon if I had something big or heavy to tote, and would generally pay them double the $5 they charged, just as a donation. Then I got smart and got my own wagon to haul stuff. Me shoulders and back know it too.

Thanks Susan- my good buddies that are going to Hershey (hmmm...like Marty) don't have a little red wagon, and asking them to carry a heavy item....the responses are ummm...uhhh....well, we're all getting older, ya know.....

This is pure foolishness of course, I got the big wrench that was on the forum recently, just because I had to have it, 36 inches long and 40-45 pounds.....I'd LOVE to carry it through the flea market, can you imagine the smiles? But unfortunately this year is the first in many that I'm missing....thanks dc

David,

If your other offers fall through, let me know. I think that I am a little bit younger than the rest of Marty's crew, and I would be willing to help. I have a wagon that I can bring if necessary, might bring it anyway. Just let me know.

Thanks Susan- my good buddies that are going to Hershey (hmmm...like Marty) don't have a little red wagon, and asking them to carry a heavy item....the responses are ummm...uhhh....well, we're all getting older, ya know.....

This is pure foolishness of course, I got the big wrench that was on the forum recently, just because I had to have it, 36 inches long and 40-45 pounds.....I'd LOVE to carry it through the flea market, can you imagine the smiles? But unfortunately this year is the first in many that I'm missing....thanks dc

I saw the ad for that wrench and am glad to know that it got a good home. :) The wagon could transport it for sure if you need me to move it for you. We carry bungie cords, a net type cover and other items to secure loads just in case. Let me know if you need help.

Thanks for all the offers, sounds like it will work out one way or the other. You guys and gals are great, I absolutely love this forum......This is one of the crazy items that I'd love to set up a "pass it on," just imagine if the first fellow handed it to the second fellow next to him in the flea market, who handed it....and so on.

And it's one of those silly items that will have people smiling.

Again, thanks, and if I can't work it out with Steve will let you know.....best dc

My nephew will be with us all week dragging parts for hire. We will be set up in Chocolate Field, CM18-21 starting Tuesday, so any parts that need to be hauled just call him. His name is Alonzo and he has a cell phone: 518-755-6897 or call mine: 518-755-0986. Any parts can be dropped off at our booth and he will haul them later if he is out on a job.....

Frank

David,

I can get the wrench, load it in the trailer, pass by your house for tea and snacks, keep the wrench, and invite you, Georjean, and Austin to visit us back in Louisiana when you want the wrench back.

Marty

And what exactly, pray tell, does one do with an outsized wrench like that? Unless ya got a steam engine hidden somewhere down behind the Winchester apple orchards?

We have a few like this around the power plant. Use 'em on steam turbines and coal pulverizers. It's kinda funny watching the tech school interns try to tote these things around, when the wrench is half big as they are.

If oldford's nephew gets a peek at this wrench before Hershey, he may manage to be out on a job for a while! I would...:eek:

Edited by rocketraider (see edit history)

.....If oldford's nephew gets a peek at this wrench before Hershey, he may manage to be out on a job for a while! I would...:eek:

I can hear the 911 call now.

"911, what is your emergency?"

"Help me, please!!!!! I'm trapped under a wrench and I can't get up!! Please hurry!!"

**CLICK!!**

"Stupid prankster. I'm not falling for that one." :P

Well, here's my plan for the wrench. I have a huge vise (and a big vice too) that my brother and I used while running a cotton gin. Somehow I want to stage a picture that seems to show a wrench sitting next to a standard sized vise, while in reality they're huge.

Well, that's my story. Truth is when I saw it I knew I just had to have it, and it'll be pride of ownership from that point on.......