Financing fun from the past

Bill Stoneberg

Not Buick related but I thought i would share. Selling my wife's truck tomorrow so was going through the files related to vehicles.

I found a Finance contract where I had bought a 1985 Toyota pick up truck brand new from the dealer.

I paid 9,245.50 for it, I put $ 68.00 down and got a trade in from my 79 Toyota truck of $ 650. I had traded and Alfa Romeo with no A/C for that truck.

Anyway I financed 9500 at a rate of 16.75 % interest. I also bought Credit Life insurance for 900 which increased the price.

Payments wer 272 @ month for 48 months.

Total I paid 3600 to finance that truck.

Good truck though, drove it almost 15 years and traded it in on the 98 Dodge Truck with 230,000 miles I am selling tomorrow. Got zero percent financing on that truck so I learned.

Guest wildcat465

Around here a 1985 Toyota pickup would leave 16.75% of its body on the ground each year leaving me with about 0% interest. :)

All kidding aside, what would the auto business look like today if that was the current rate? :eek:

• 6 months later...

One Sunday in 1968 I found a 1965 Corvair Corsa convertible sitting at the Chevy dealer. No plates but not on the used car lot. I called them Monday morning and the car had just been traded in on a new Chevy Impala... the wife was driving it to San Diago to pick up the husband that was getting out of the service (Navy?)

The purchase price was $650 and I had to borrow $500 from the credit union (about the same price as a round trip airline ticket to the west coast today.

I still have the car today with less than 60K

Guest wildcat465
Spamalot is playing here later this month...unfortunately, Suzanne is hard to convince about Python.

Just feed her ham and jam and Spam a lot.

She will come around.

Guest sintid58
Spamalot is playing here later this month...unfortunately, Suzanne is hard to convince about Python.

Must be a wife thing, Tina doesn't get anything Pyton either.

It isn't that she doesn't get it...she needs to be in the proper "mood" or frame of mind for it.

I haven't gotten to the point of begging...I can always go myself if need be, but that wouldn't be as interesting.

The Stooges and A&C also used some physical humour, which kids love. We have a Pink Panther DVD collection...I remember the kids first seeing them a number of years back. Joseph is 10 right now, so he was probably 5-7. There is something about the pure laughter of a child...innocence or something...it was at least as pleasurable to watch him rolling around out of control as the cartoon was.

Red's got a new book out - How to Do Everything From the Man Who Should Know. I picked it up a while back after he was in town and I heard him on the radio - Steve Smith could barely contain himself since it had been some time since he had written it, so it was almost like it was new to him again. I'm almost done a novel, so once that is out of the way, I'll probably dig into Red. I remember the Smith&Smith show back in the 70s or early 80s with his wife, where the Red character was created.

Guest 53Nailhead
It isn't that she doesn't get it...she needs to be in the proper "mood" or frame of mind for it.

Derek,

Your still talking 'bout Python eh? :D

Guest sintid58
Neither does Dee but then she doesn't get Red Green either....

Same here with Red Green, I can be rolling on the floor laughing and she just looks at me like I am crazy. Of course thats kind of a given anyway.