MY GARAGE ADDITION NOW COMPLETE

RICK YOUNG

The new garage is attached to the old one. So I have to walk 20 steps to the fridge.

I waited 34 years for this. Having fixed our kids "School Cars" in the old one with a heaved concrete floor. When final planning started 2 years ago my wife said "If you're gonna build it do it right".

The car hood on the wall is from when the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour came through our town in 2008. I set the car hood out on Main Street for people to sign from all over North America.

I got Rob Kinnan, Editor of Hot Rod, to sign it. His quote "Build a big garage".

Edited by RICK YOUNG (see edit history)

Way toooo clean Rick..............needs a restoration project in there to get worked in look:p

Seriously......it looks great......I need to lift my game and set up my workshop better, paint the floors and get me some of those signs.

There's a winter project for me...................you've inspired me:)

VERY nice, very bright and open. Plenty of lights and receptacles it appears. Did you have a separate circuit put in for it. I suspect The First Lady had something to do with the curtains.:) Love all the signs and other Buick Stuff. Just needs one thing. There's a 54 Super project down in Texas that would look great in there. :D

Congrats Rick.

Guest 53Nailhead

Very Nice. Kool Exterior Buick Sign.

I need one of those!! Where did you find that?

Having gone through a recent rebuild I know what a pleasure it is to get out there & work in the new digs.

Enjoy!

Very Nice. Kool Exterior Buick Sign.

I need one of those!! Where did you find that?

Having gone through a recent rebuild I know what a pleasure it is to get out there & work in the new digs.

Enjoy!

There is a place in Wichita Kansas that has a lot of signs for almost anything. He is on the web at www.automobiliausa.com he also hosts one of the largest car shows in the region in July this year it will be on July 10

its an open show and has around 1000 cars

Any body close it is worth the trip

Rick nice garage I wish I had one

Chuck

Thanks for all the comments.

A quick story;

When I was a kid I used to tear apart lawn mower engines and put them back together. One day my Dad said "why don't you set the valves on the "M Farmall"'? I told him I didn't know how. The "M" was the sacred cow of the farm. He said, you taught yourself on those Briggs you can do it. So I opened up my 1st valve cover and never looked back.

As for the clean garage; I'm looking for a Reatta or a 59 Project. That should cure that