Buicks and Bluebonnets Tour

old-tank

• 1 month later...

I and several other North Texas Chapter members will be heading for Salado tomorrow. I will try to post photos of the cars during the meet, assuming the weather cooperates, so check back on this thread for updates. I think there will be a pretty good turn-out.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Wet overcast day in Texas...... I have about an hour drive to Salado in the '39... we will see how much it leaks. I hope they have at least a hose there to wash off the road scum.

We are also taking the 1991 Reatta that we purchased last fall from the Bulguri collection, it now has 18,000 miles. Departing soon.......

The beige / brown 32 above won best of show while the blue 32 won 1st place. Both were absolutely beautiful and meticulously restored.

The lilac (purple) colored 59 belongs to Pete and it tied for 3rd place with Barney's Black 39 Century with the side mounts.

2nd year in a row Pete has won with a car he has brought.

Lots of nice cars, the rain held off until the show was over and everyone had a fun time.

Here is a picture of all the Forum members and their Buicks in attendance. From left to right:

Roy Faries (TxBuicks) 1991 Roadmaster Estate Wagon, Barney Eaton 1939 Century, Mike Middleton (Buick5563) 1955 Special, Willie Pittman (Old-Tank) 1955 Century, Bill Stoneberg, David Corbin, and Pete Phillips 1959 Electra.

post-31046-143138202014_thumb.jpg

post-31046-143138202017_thumb.jpg

post-31046-143138202019_thumb.jpg

post-31046-143138202022_thumb.jpg

post-31046-143138202025_thumb.jpg

post-31046-143138202028_thumb.jpg

Edited by TxBuicks (see edit history)

This just reminded me of why I'm in this club. The drive was gorgeous, the car ran great and is such a pleasure to drive, I saw a few cars I had never seen, and hanging out having a beer tasting with Bill's choice in microbrews along with shootin' the ship (unedited ;) ) with car guys.

Awesome car day!

The last photo looks like a political spy shot........ a BCA board member and BCA board candidate partially blocked by beer bottles. It looks like a set-up photo op.

Photo was probably taken from someone associtated with the Edsel club.

DAYUM, makes the Forum Breakfast look like a kiddy show don't it.

Forum members and forum discussions, only in this case some of the discussions would have been edited, banned or censored here. Also some of the discussion resulted in a few 'dead soldiers'.

dead.jpg

Here is a picture of all the Forum members and their Buicks in attendance. From left to right:

Roy Faries (TxBuicks) 1991 Roadmaster Estate Wagon, Barney Eaton 1939 Century, Mike Middleton (Buick5563) 1955 Special, Willie Pittman (Old-Tank) 1955 Century, Bill Stoneberg, David Corbin, and Pete Phillips 1959 Electra.

Now if that ain't a line up of rascals, I ain't ever seen one.

"Madam can you identify the one that offered you $5 to sit nude on his Buick for a photo shoot "

"Yes sir...all of them"

post-31987-143138202523_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)