Minerva

Guest Hydroglen

Guest Hydroglen

Hello,

Is there anybody familiar with Minervas? I am thinking of a 1924 AB. I am looking for engine specs and general info. The few internet sites talk about a 4 cyl and a 6 cyl and the one I am curious about is a 6 cyl. Are the sites wrong or is the engine wrong ? Anybody own one?

Thanks,

Dorien Berteletti

The only Minerva I know of is the luxury car made in Belgium. They were famous for their sleeve valve engines. They made a six cylinder car in the 30s that was comparable to a Rolls Royce. I know of one that sold new for $6000 in 1930 or 31, a custom built sedan with 6 wire wheels. At that time you could buy a Cadillac for under $2000 and a Ford for $500.

I was at a car rally last week and 3 very nice Minerva's turned up. 2 were smaller cars, one of them has been recently restored tourer and it was very nice, the other one had a fabric body and the third one was a very large tourer which appeared to be totally original. Very seldom do you see one out and about let alone three.

David

1923 Metallurgique

1931 Rolls Royce Phantom 2 Continental

post-58798-14313804054_thumb.jpg

post-58798-143138040543_thumb.jpg

post-58798-143138040546_thumb.jpg

post-58798-143138040548_thumb.jpg

post-58798-143138040551_thumb.jpg

Beautiful cars for sure. smile.gif

But they won't stay that way long with spectators like the ones in the first photo. Look at them leaning on the car and one idiot has their foot on the running board. mad.gif And if the owner is one of them, then shame on them for setting such a bad example, especially for kids coming to the show. shocked.gif

This is one of the very reasons that we are seeing fewer and fewer of the really nice old cars. Owners are sick of putting up with these rude people that have no idea how to treat an antique vehicle, or for that matter even a new one.

• 10 years later...
On 1/31/2009 at 3:58 PM, Hydroglen said:

Hello,

Is there anybody familiar with Minervas? I am thinking of a 1924 AB. I am looking for engine specs and general info. The few internet sites talk about a 4 cyl and a 6 cyl and the one I am curious about is a 6 cyl. Are the sites wrong or is the engine wrong ? Anybody own one?

Thanks,

Dorien Berteletti

Hello,

Thanks,

Dorien Berteletti

if stil wanted, visit www.minervisten.simplesite.com and contact the webmaster

• 9 months later...

Hello,

Thanks,

Dorien Berteletti

visit the site www.minervisten.simplesite.com  and contact the webmaster.