Caught a young girl stealing my 26 Chevy

Guest rbl2

A few weeks back I went outside and was surprised to find a young lady and her accomplice trying to start my car. catching them in the act I decided it would be best if I took pictures so I could document the event.

Here she is trying to start the car. Apparently she couldn't reach the foot starter.

DSC00052.jpg

Here she is making sure the horn works

DSC00049.jpg

Here she is about to drive away.

DSC00047.jpg

Fortunately she forgot to turn the fuel on and never made it out of the drive way. Her accomplice is her father, my son. We figured we'd start her out young, making the young thief my first, and only to date, grand child.

By the time she's old enough to appreciate these pictures, the car should be over 100 years old. shocked.gif

HI ALL,

Sorry, no photos available, but when our little girl was 15, and Hornets Region hosted the Founders Tour in Charlotte, NC, Charla drove our '58 Bel-air round and round the the high groove of the Charlotte (now Lowes) Motor Speedway, keeping up with a '55 Buick and '56 T-Bird. She didn't yet have a learners permit, but could really handle that 4-door sedan. She also was "youngest driver" on the '91 Louisiana, and '92 Minnesota Founders Tours

More recently, her son Nathan could crank-start our '12 Oakland when he was 3-1/2 years old, and by age 11 was driving the '54 Caddy convertible on deserted roads.

The future of the hobby is secure as long as we continue to encourage ours, and the neighbor kids, and take them to the ice cream stand or a cruise night.

Marty

Just saw those pictures and wish I had a digital copy of me trying to start my uncle's 1916 Model T when I was about 3 - 4. Between his cars and his friends he sent me and my 2 brothers down this life of cars as we know it.

We all do it differently, I am in to late 40's - late 60's Buicks and am restori ng one at the moment for show and judging.

On brother is in to vintage racing while the other one works in his pits and write about and photographs all kinds of automobiles and wines.

It just goes to show you what a path one can go down when exposed to cars at an early age. I am working on a neighbor kid now myself....

It's important to get kids started early. When my son was 9, he used to love to crank-start my 1910 E-M-F. It had a retro-fitted impulse mag, so it couldn't kick back. It would take him both hands to turn the motor over, and he'd get a cute grin when it started. Fast forward: he's 44, he's the co-head (under Clay Green) of the annual Brass in Bucks County tour, he's had his own E-M-F for about 10 years now, and he and a couple of buddies are getting my Stanley in shape.

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Getting older... </div></div>

Tell me more about that great looking hammered brass gas tank!

And why the huge "cap"?