Ahhh...smell the rust!

keiser31

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnD1956</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeah! A little bit of soap and that last Caddy would be worth a mint!

</div></div>

Actually, that Caddy doesn't look that bad.........

Guest Leonard Shepherd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone notice the '53 or so Corvette next to the Cadillac? </div></div>

That doesn't look like a frame nor the cowling from a 1953-54 Corvette to me. ???? </div></div>

I think he is referring to the tail light housing on a Corvette, but I think it is just a heater duct or something. I see hood hinges and a windshield.

post-52673-143138020584_thumb.jpg

Guest Leonard Shepherd

If you want to see real rust, I bought some cars in an old junk yard that they were going to bulldoze over.

There was a 26 Packard turned into a wrecker.

post-52673-143138020631_thumb.jpg

post-52673-143138020879_thumb.jpg

Guest Paul Christ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tatra? Love the green moss look! </div></div>

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Here, unfortunately, is another Tatra.

t600tx01.jpgt600tx02.jpg

1950 T-600

Bob Call and 1DandyDaves,

Close but no cigar - the Caddy is appears to be a '51 (not '53). Yes, the '54 had a hooded fender - the '53 had its Dagmars in the grille where this '51 had its(now-removed) parking/fog lights. The '53 had rectangular parking lights where this '51 has its correct chrome rectangular housings below the headlights. The bumper lying across the hood is further evidence of the '51 model-year with its Dagmars rising at an interior-angle from the bumper toward the grille. A '52 was similar to the '51, but with a gold "V" on the hood and trunk-lid to celebrate Cadillac's Golden Anniversary Year, and the rectangular panels beneath the headlights were gold-colored with winged-emblems. You can go to www.CadillacLaSalleclub.org , scrolldown to visit the data-base, and go to the years in question.

I'm sure this is more detail than anyone really wants, but I'd rather help keep the record straight, than to have another reader accidentally misinformed.

I've owned a '52 and still drive a '54....... Marty