Current gas situation limited your attendance to a car show?

Durant Mike

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on if the current gas prices and what seems like the daily increase in price will curtail some of you attending car shows this year? Recently I was attempting to plan a car show in North Carolina and no one registered so we cancelled. I think it was the cost of travel and the cost of gas. What do you think?

Mike, I have committed myself this year to several cars shows and two tours. My wife won't let me back out of the tours. She says, "life's too short to leave her money to the kids!". shocked.gif

Personally, because of the gas prices, I have cut back on motel rooms, or overnight stays, as it were. I figure I can drive back home during the night after the closing activities and save myself some money. Unless absolutely necessary, I'll drive my cars to the closer shows, instead of trailering, which will save me about 5 mpg at the least.

Wayne

I've been to the three swapmeets I always go to in the spring. Weather was crappy at all of them and there were 50% of the normal spaces & people there. No meets till September, that is why we have the internet. Sad day when you can't find stuff to spend money on at a swap meet.

Guest windjamer

Im commited to Cumberland,but I have already cancled my room for Sat night. Ill load up and head back to Binghamton NY soon as the show is over. I do wish I knew someone staying for the awards that would be willing to give me a call and let me know how I made out. I usely go to a local show most every week end,but I think I will just take one car instead of both this summer.Dick

Guest Bluesky636

Gas prices? No. But the heavy rain that we have been having in Northern Virginia has. I've been to one show so far this month. Show I was planning on last weekend was canceled because of rain and the show this Saturday is looking iffy for the same reason. I only drive my car on weekends, so as long as gas is still available, I'll still go to shows. Might have to cut back on driving to work though. whistle.gif

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave@Moon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked the right year to switch from a Buick to a Triumph. I'll actually be going to more shows this year. </div></div>

Ditto Dave.........I'll be using the Mets more this year and use the Buick less. Heck, I've been using the 57 Met with last years gas still in it. laugh.gif Can't beat that!

Not that my gas prices effect you guys, however like yourselves, in Scotland our prices have been steadily climbing, add to that the outrageous taxes we pay on top I definitely will be dropping a couple of my regular events.

Just to get there and back driving our Chevy to my furthest away show (round trip of 200 miles) it'll cost us about $160 just for gas - its getting expensive. frown.gif