Buick Club Logo Emblem.

Dandy Dave

While walking around Hershey I stumbled on a BCA club emblem with the club logo that is made the same way as an an early automobile emblem. It is three inches in diamiter and nearly 1/8th inch thick. Are these still avalible? And if not, what is the history and is it known how many have been made? Oh yeah, and I did buy it. Thanks, Dave!

I found that the concave back put pressure on the stud, and would eventually pull the stud. I made some washers that were also concave and went up against the head of the stud, This has kept the logos on my Buicks very nicely. I also found out about this by having one come apart, but was fortunate ebough to have it happen in the garage, so I didn't lose the emblem. That one I made another back for , and epoxied it together. I put 2 studs in that one , and it is still holding

I purchased one of these at Buick's 75th anniversary celebration in Flint way back in 1978. It's been attached to the grill of my Centurion ever since. I've received many positive comments about it over the years.

I had not realized that the studs easily break on these, so hope mine will last another 30 years.

Guest Skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Old Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also found out about this by having one come apart, but was fortunate ebough to have it happen in the garage, so I didn't lose the emblem. That one I made another back for , and epoxied it together. I put 2 studs in that one , and it is still holding </div></div>

I had the same problem and also epoxied mine. I couldn't fasten it to my grille on the 62 so I made a small bracket to fasten to the lower splash apron.......

IMG_0285.jpg

If you'd like to see these available again, lets find out how much interest there would be for them. There is a member of the Pittsburgh Tri-Shields that has access to getting things like these made, but it would require more than a handfull ready to purchase them. If there is enough interest, I'm sure the Pittsburgh Tri-Shields would gladly put the time and effort into making it a club project to make them available.

Guest dabecker65@gmail.com

I remember them being available in the '70's & early '80s - count me in for 3 or 4 of them if some one starts producing them. Another nice item was the old license plate frames the BCA had.

Guest Dans 77 Limited

I wonder how we could go about maybe posting a survey in the Bugle to see if there is an interest? Pete? Can we do this and if we can how do we get started ?

Dan

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Good idea Rob. Thats kinda why I wanted to do this in the Bugle , cause not all BCA members are on the net. I guess I didnt think that maybe not everyone gets the Bugle. So now I guess we not only have to ask Pete about it , but we also have to ask Roberta as well.

So Roberta how about it can we post a sticky inquiring into the amount of interest in having us reproduce this item ?

Dan

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 75RivGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or maybe a follow-up topic here on the BCA board: I don't receive the Bugle, but interested in at least 5 pieces </div></div>

Rob,

Not to be a jerk, but if you don't get the Bugle, that implies you aren't a BCA member, does it not? I know you contribute here and the mailing costs to Europe make joining the BCA prohibitive for some. If this is done as a BCA club project, are these not generally available just to club members?

I know cars with badging can change hands, and I would expect some items make their way into the general public's hands.

Given that, does it make sense to have a forum poll, knowing not all forum members are BCA members?

Just a few thoughts - I'm not dead set on one side of the fence or the other. It's just questions I thought should be asked.

As for me, I'd be interested, but know that I am good at procrastinating...there are a few chapter projects that I'd like to purchase, but haven't to date.

Derek,

exactly your opinion crossed my mind while posting my latest thread.

Still in some sort of way I feel very related with BCA due to my membership of the R.O.A..

Another issue that I was thinking of was the fact that on both of my Rivieras there's also a sticker of the v8buick board (I know: Comparing apples to oranges maybe).

But if the BCA 's opinion is that those logo emblems are for member's only I respect that.

Guest Dans 77 Limited

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 75RivGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

But if the BCA 's opinion is that those logo emblems are for member's only I respect that.

</div></div>

Dont think Im getting on you here Rob , its just hard to put a "tone of voice" into a typed message. I mean no disrespect to you when I say:

I dont think its that so much as , "Why would you advertise for a club you dont belong to?" I mean I know it says Buick on it and all but........why promote a club you wont join?

I think thats what people find puzzling

Dan

I would think that if the Emblem was reproduced, to offset costs, and promote the club it should be offered to whoever is willing to pay for it. If it was offered in the bugle in an ad for $xx amount each, would it not be for sale to whoever saw the add and responded to it? Emblem collectors would also be a market area. Although only BCA members recive the Bugle, anyone could read a copy that is laying around for instance, in a local barber shop or other places of public gathering. Pete had copys of the latest Bugle at Hershey and was handing them out to interested folks to help promote the club. These are copys on the loose and getting around a place like Hershey! It would almost definetly bring in new members not to mention those who may only want something in an ad to fix a Buick and then sell the car. My Nickles worth! Dave!

Derek,

Good thinking on the Bugle/membership issue.

Rob,

By coincidence, I talked to the office managers of the Riviera Club last weekend. Great people. They convinced me to ad a riv to my stable and join thr Riv club.

Which I'm working on.

But consider this your personal invitation to join the

BUICK CLUB OF AMERICA.

The BUGLE is worth far more than the price of admission.

Regards

Rick

P.S. I have shipped John Deere Parts and a 401 Nailhead to the Netherlands.

Guest imported_MrEarl

So how much are we looking at as far as cost here. Porcelin can get kinda pricey.

I would like to see the BCA offer these for purcase at the time a person first registers for membership in lieu of or in addition to the little decal. (I assume everyone still get the little adhesive backed decal when they first register don't they). Additionally I think the porcelin and or the decal should be made available each year and be offered on the annual membership renewal form. The decal for free upon request and the porcelin at a profit making cost. I would definitly love to have a decal in the window and the porcelin one on the grill of all my girls advertising the good ol BCA.

Guest my3buicks

the "static-Cling" 3 inch window decal that is given to new members is the San Gabriel Valley Chapters item and is always available and for sale in the Bugle for anyone wishing to replace theirs or add one to a new purchase. Years ago they were transfer decals (the kind you soaked in water) and then at some point they went to the static type.

It will need to be researched if a "chapter" put grill badges out as a project or if that was actully an item sold directly by the BCA(I am thinking it was sold directly by he BCA). If it was a chapter item, that chapter may still have rights to that product being sold.

If they are reproduced hopefully the problem of the attaching stud breaking off the curved back can be rectified, I have had several of these, and you do have to be really careful when putting them on. I found a trick that worked well is to put a small amount of epoxy around the base of the stud and letting it harden before mounting the emblem on the grill if anyone s going to mount a vintage version.

Guest my3buicks

looking back into old Bugles ( went back as far as 1980) it appears the grill badges came directly from the BCA and sold for $12 with inflation bumping them up over the years to $20 in 1990 - I believe at that time the BCA started listing these items on the inside cover of the dust jackets which I took off my issues as I kept them in binders. I was hoping to follow them thru to see when the quit selling them.

The window decals started out as a BCA item and at some point went to the Chapter as a Chapter project. The decals used to be 3 for a dollar.

How about an 18K mile fuly equipped 63 Riv in mint condition for $3500, love looking back thru the old issues.

Guest my3buicks

OK,appears that the radiator badge last appeared in the Bugles in 1998 as being available in the stockoom and had sold for a whopping $45 - has anyone inquired with the BCA office if there are any new ones still left?

Guest cfBuick

Thanks for the compliment Stevo. I PM'd the Admin to see if I could create a new thread to let all Buick owners know about the site.

Does anyone think that that would be a problem?

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cfBuick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the compliment Stevo. I PM'd the Admin to see if I could create a new thread to let all Buick owners know about the site.

Does anyone think that that would be a problem? </div></div>

Just do it....

I checked it out but couldn't spend a lot of time. Looks like a great site.

Gathering from the number of posts I assume you're new here. If so then welcome aboard!!!

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Well I just got off the phone with the other member of the Dan & Dan show(Hurst GN.... The Dan & Dan show is what we were known as when Dan was the director and I was the co director of the former national pike chapter .... the forerunner of the Pittsburgh Tri-Shields). He stated that this was something that he was considering with one of his vendors and that he would make damn sure it was a quality item if it was going out through the Tri-Shields chapter. Usually anything that Dan is involved in is done to the highest quality for a reasonable price. If any of you on here attended the Great Lakes regional in 2004 and remember the goodie bags we gave out .... that was through the efforts of Dan. For those of you who didnt make it to that show our "goodie bag" was a leather style soft briefcase with a zipper out expandable bottom capable of holding a lap top and documents . It was a nice looking piece that would look right at home on a boardroom table. It was screened in gold overlay with the 2004 Great Lakes regional logo. And this was just the bag that the rest of the stuff came in. When we do something we look to make it a memorable thing, memorable in a good way. We were once told that if we wanted recognition as a chapter that we should go out and earn it . This has been a guiding force behind everything we have done since that day. And as far as that goes if we do this as a chapter project it must be approved by the board of directors before we can ever sell one, and Im pretty sure that the BOD is not going to allow us to put something out with the club name on it ... unless its worth the asking price.

As far as the asking price goes , Dan has related to me that he will see what the vendor can do as far as price without diminishing the quality. Niether of us believe the price will hit the $40+ prices that Keith mentioned in his post but if it does I can pretty much guarantee that we will cease production on the item. We cant make anything for the chapter if the item doesnt sell, and if the price is considered unreasonable ... the item wont sell.

So let us look a little further into it and keep you updated

Dan

Looks like I stirred the pot with this one but good! grin.gif Even with a broken stud I guess $10 bucks at Hershey was a bargain. ( I didn't Barter with the fellow, I just paid him with a smile and left before he changed his mind.) smile.gif It would be nice to see these availible again. Dave!

• 5 years later...

Is there anyone making the 3 inch BCA medallion? I know the Minuteman Chapter has made a smaller 2 inch one. If anyone knows where to get the 3 inch one, please post it. Thanks

...I know the Minuteman Chapter has made a smaller 2 inch one...

Are these that Den41 mentions the same ones advertised in a small display ad in the latest Bugle? $10 plus $1 for shipping? And there were also, I think key fobs and belt buckles listed in the ad?

Unfortunately I don't have my copy in front of me to track down the actual ad and what page it's on, etc., but I am a very recently-new BCA member and have already sent away for one. I will do my best to post a picture when it arrives.

Those big old-style porcelain ones are great, though, and I'd love to purchase one. Nice Hershey score there, Dandy Dave!

Steve

2003 Buick LeSabre, Dark Bronzemist Metallic

BCA #47004

P.S.: If BCA considered making those cast metal license plate frames again, I'd also be interested...

Edited by stock_steve (see edit history)

Thank you, Brian....

To All,

I'm the guy from the Minuteman Chapter who's selling the BCA logo 2" grille badges; along with key fobs, belt buckles, and hat pins. FYI...the 2" badge is also being used by various members as a license plate topper.

You will be able to purchase these items in support of the Minuteman Chapter at the BCA meet in South Bend this July. I will have them available at a swap meet table inside the host hotel (Hilton Garden Inn).

Hope to see you there....

Just received mine a few days ago from Dave Shipman @ Minuteman Chapter (Welcome to the Minuteman Chapter of The Buick Club Of America Web Site)--thanks again Dave!

I spent some time figuring out how to mount to my car today, and will post an update next chance I get in my "Me and My Buick" thread: http://forums.aaca.org/f163/2003-buick-lesabre-dark-bronzemist-metallic-348028.html

Here's what arrived in the mail:

post-34222-143141823445_thumb.jpg

Very elegant!

Stay tuned for updates...

Steve

2003 Buick LeSabre, Dark Bronzemist Metallic

BCA #47004