Riviera Custom Built For you

Turbinator

Rupert Carollo is also making these console plaques and selling them through FB.

From his FB posting:  "I am now making these Riviera Dash Plaques just like they did back when our rides were brand new. I am now taking PRE-ORDERS for them,

They will be 60$ each Shipped. If your not in the US then we will figure it out but I want to make sure that everyone can get one. Anyone that PRE-ORDERS will also have there name engraved at no charge!

To order please email riviwood65@gmail.com I will keep the pre orders open for about a week or so and then they will go into production. All Pre Orders will ship in 3-4 weeks or less.. If you have any questions feel free to ask here or DM me.

If you want to order you must email riviwood65@gmail.com. Thanks guys!"

36347161_1840017632757484_5985966074431012864_o.thumb.jpg.55945fd1196fe5b4d44534461645bc6f.jpg

• Like 1

Those with 65's might want to go with the one in post #1 as most 65's came with the "custom built for" message.

All the 63's and 64's I've seen say "built expressly for", like the one in the last post.

• Like 3

Rivdrvn, Best choice. Nothing like having what you want how you want it. I play guitar and the instrument has to be set up the way I want. At this stage of the game it is not too much to have what you want as long as it is affordable.

Red Riviera Bob

21 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

Rupert Carollo is also making these console plaques and selling them through FB.

From his FB posting:  "I am now making these Riviera Dash Plaques just like they did back when our rides were brand new. I am now taking PRE-ORDERS for them,

They will be 60$ each Shipped. If your not in the US then we will figure it out but I want to make sure that everyone can get one. Anyone that PRE-ORDERS will also have there name engraved at no charge!

To order please email riviwood65@gmail.com I will keep the pre orders open for about a week or so and then they will go into production. All Pre Orders will ship in 3-4 weeks or less.. If you have any questions feel free to ask here or DM me.

If you want to order you must email riviwood65@gmail.com. Thanks guys!"

36347161_1840017632757484_5985966074431012864_o.thumb.jpg.55945fd1196fe5b4d44534461645bc6f.jpg

I've traded emails with these fine folks already and they are making both the 63-64 "built expressly for" and the 65 "custom built for" versions

I don’t know what it takes to tool up for projects like this. At a price of $60 a plaque I’m guessing the tooling is pretty steep. Thx for offering the service ??

But Bob @ Scanlan Veneer, where I bought my walnut wood door inserts, has been making/selling these for years…at the same price of $20 like mentioned in post #1

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

I would sure want a more famous name than mine on a plaque like that.

And I would probably ask for a misspelling. Like "Bill Mitchel" < "Um, there's a problem here." "What the L."

Bernie

Bernie, seems like a spelling problem for a hybrid animal like the elephant and rhino aka elephino.

16 hours ago, RockinRiviDad said:

I don’t know what it takes to tool up for projects like this. At a price of $60 a plaque I’m guessing the tooling is pretty steep. Thx for offering the service ??

But Bob @ Scanlan Veneer, where I bought my walnut wood door inserts, has been making/selling these for years…at the same price of $20 like mentioned in post #1

Engraving equipment is expensive. The metal plates are a measurable cost. Making the plaque by hand and then engraving takes time. Customers have a choice with the metal and laminated plastic from several sources. When customers have choices from several suppliers quality and service will improve. It is all in fun. Thank you for adding the good information.

Red Riviera Bob

• Like 1

Hey Everyone,

I am the one making them for 60$

I have 2 versions, "Built Expressly For" and "Custom Built For"

Even making a "Custom Built By" for a few special people.

I am engraving your name at no extra charge, as well as shipping them for free. (USA)

Yes the equipment is very very expensive... Not to mention the countless hours I spent programing it.

I have seen a lot of cheap butchered copies, and it makes me cringe...

I also chose to use a little different more expensive material, that will last forever.

I manufacture things for a living, and only put my names on things I am proud of. I wouldn't sell anything I wouldn't use on my own car. 

At the end of the day I make a few bucks that I can put back into my riviera...

If you have any questions, concerns, or just want to talk rivieras, feel free to email me at riviwood65@gmail.com or call 714-599-0719

Rupert...

I have attached a picture of one of my prototypes 

IMG_0222.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:23 AM, RupesRivi said:

Hey Everyone,

I am the one making them for 60$

I have 2 versions, "Built Expressly For" and "Custom Built For"

Even making a "Custom Built By" for a few special people.

I am engraving your name at no extra charge, as well as shipping them for free. (USA)

Yes the equipment is very very expensive... Not to mention the countless hours I spent programing it.

I have seen a lot of cheap butchered copies, and it makes me cringe...

I also chose to use a little different more expensive material, that will last forever.

I manufacture things for a living, and only put my names on things I am proud of. I wouldn't sell anything I wouldn't use on my own car. 

At the end of the day I make a few bucks that I can put back into my riviera...

If you have any questions, concerns, or just want to talk rivieras, feel free to email me at riviwood65@gmail.com or call 714-599-0719

Rupert...

Rupert,

Welcome to the Forum!

On 7/12/2018 at 10:18 AM, RockinRiviDad said:

I can`t find these plaques on his website . Where should I be looking?

On 7/17/2018 at 7:34 PM, Scott Mckenzie said:

I can`t find these plaques on his website . Where should I be looking?

The metal version looks great. I believe the plastic one I sell will look very good. The metal placque and the plastic placque both have features and benefits that will appeal to many buyers.

Red Riviera Bob

• Like 1

Most states have a maximum of 7 or 8 digits / letters they allow on a license plate. 21 characters would require a plate that would stretch from tail light to tail light.

7 hours ago, Red Riviera Bob said:

Why certainly, just reduce the point size of the letter.

• Haha 1

In Maryland we have vanity tags. I’m not certain the character size. Actually I think the character size is standard.

Folks abbreviate or come up with funny sayings to put on their tag.  I tried for “ BYNUM” on a vanity tag, but someone already had the monicker. Bynum is my first name given at birth. A pal of mine last name is Sample. I told him that SAMPLE would be a cool vanity monicker. Delaware has a retro cool vintages again with  black background with white letters. Motorists in Delaware have to wait their turn and watch when their opportunity comes up to buy the tag.

Surprisingly, Maryland had a 50 year celebration of classic car tags the year ai got mine. Maryland has a pearl white iridescent tag with black lettering. Each year  I’m suppose to stick on the month and year the tag is up for renewal. I do not deface the tag, BUT I do carry the up the to date stickies and registration with me in the glove box. When the car reaches  age 60 the vehicle is considered antique and a Maryland motorist pays one last tag registration fee. 

On 7/17/2018 at 11:37 PM, Red Riviera Bob said:

Bernie, you have 50 states from which to choose for Christine’s new license.

RRB

Bernie, misunderstood your sentence. I thought you wanted your wife’s first name and family name on a drivers license. I was kidding around when I said I could get a license made from any state with any name you want. How about Norman Einstein.?

Self explanatory.  On my 1963

1576898102_Personalizedlicenseon63Riv.thumb.jpg.cddeb415a06471bf372e1ab5e046b0d4.jpg

Perhaps needs some explanation.  On my '64

1104045337_1964Rivieralicenseplate001.JPG.06469e1b7d1f155c0888a248e8ef6e88.JPG

ED for me (Edwards county in Kansas)

64 - the year of my RIviera

4747 - Buick's model designation for the Riviera in 1964

Put it all together and you have "Ed's 1964 RIviera"  ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RivNut said:

Self explanatory.  On my 1963

1576898102_Personalizedlicenseon63Riv.thumb.jpg.cddeb415a06471bf372e1ab5e046b0d4.jpg

Perhaps needs some explanation.  On my '64

1104045337_1964Rivieralicenseplate001.JPG.06469e1b7d1f155c0888a248e8ef6e88.JPG

ED for me (Edwards county in Kansas)

64 - the year of my RIviera

4747 - Buick's model designation for the Riviera in 1964

Put it all together and you have "Ed's 1964 RIviera"  ?

I’d stay away from advertising ED. Folks would think you are not a stand up guy.

4 hours ago, Red Riviera Bob said:

How about Norman Einstein.?

You can still get that name on a computer punch card. And license plates are limited to 8 alphanumeric's.

I have a plate that I picked up a long time ago. So I really don't have room for another.

003.thumb.JPG.51f5ca29191849b6a3222229dd0e7830.JPG

4 hours ago, Red Riviera Bob said:

I’d stay away from advertising ED. Folks would think you are not a stand up guy.

I've been kidded about that more times than I care to admit..  I guess I should have stuck with Edd back in the late 50's when Edd "Kookie" Burns was on 77 Sunset  Strip. He drove Norm Graboskis' Caddilac powered T-bucket.  I watched the show weekly just to get a glimpse of that car.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)