1949 chrysler royal woodie for sale only $59,000

May I present a mostly restored 1949 Chrysler Royal Woodie , probably one of 4 or 5 existing out of 850 made  in the world according to antique automobile forums.  This woodie automobile has a 251 spitfire, 6 cylinder engine naturally aspirated by a carter one barrel carb resulting in 116 horsepower.  All brand new tires have been installed are Coker, 3+1/4 inch radial, a new brake master cylinder and brake cylinders on all wheels, new  front floor boards 16 gauge steel and rebuilt tranny tunnel. .  The transmission is a fluidmatic which can run partially without a clutch, and has the shift on the column - hi low reverse-  . This car is a one owner besides me (the restorer) , has mostly new white ash wood installed- unstained but left for the new buyer to select the color of their choice.  The car requires a few small finishing details that are being completed.  I have worked on this car almost 6 years, rebuilt motor , wood, new interior, new wood inside panels and roof.  If you google 1949 Chrysler royal wagon for sale you will see that they sell for $179,000.00 at house of cars.  I am not asking anywhere near this price although I have put in 6 years of work and parts and rebuilding on this car.   Only $59,000  it is a steal!!!!!!!

* Spitfire 251 cc engine

* One previous owner

* 8 passenger station wagon

* 850 made in 1949 maybe 4 or 5 in existence

* Fluidmatic transmission

* New glass windows except one with inspection sticker on it from 1972

*new front metal floor boards

*mostly new white ash wood

* wooden head liner

* Freshly painted

IMG_20180626_144827_457 (1).jpg

IMG_20180626_144838_404.jpg

IMG_20180626_144852_329.jpg

IMG_20180627_084508_933 (1).jpg

IMG_20160521_120651_763 (2).jpg

IMG_20160526_120827_515 (3).jpg

IMG_20160803_132546_213 (2).jpg

1391800815975.jpg

IMG_20140502_153120_625.jpg

Edited by gregchrysler
better pic (see edit history)

Gentlemen, I have deleted a few more posts. This forum has 2 pinned threads at the top of this forum that explains my actions. They were put in place a long time ago. You also should remember reading the rules set up that you had to agree to when you set up your account. See link below......

Here is the important part of the second Thread....

"“It is NOT okay for forum users to make negative comments on a seller's listing, nor is it okay to question its asking price.”

19 hours ago, Dave Fields said:

and it is a 2nd Junior.

There is a quantifiable standard. Before the end of the season everyone thinking about selling a car should have it AACA judged. Just a point score would be great.

Gregchrysler....could we please get close up, detail photos of the wood connections (mostly the rear quarter panel area wood)? Is the car a running, driving and stopping vehicle? Do you have the rocker panel metal? We need more information on those "few small finishing details" that you mentioned. Thank you in advance. PM sent.

John

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dave Fields said:

My response was helpful, intelligent, and informed. 

"Cut the hype, that doesn't work on this site"

I beg to differ Dave. The comment above is certainly not helpful. I have had another private email thanking moderators for cleaning up this thread. We can not please everyone. Again, read the pinned thread above on this main page.

My response was gone as well,not a problem.but if you sell your car on here,it should be Accurately represented,this one is not.,even though the price is reasonable,,you are starting with almost nothing.,let him sell the car,let the guys talk about it so no one gets a work over..forum are just that,a chat place,and where is the original poster to defend his add.

Edited by old car fan (see edit history)

I would recommend anyone looking to purchase a car inspect it in person, if they are an inexperienced buyer that they have someone well versed in vintage automobiles go with them. Another option  would  be to  have the car inspected by a respected appraiser, cheap insurance to assure one is purchasing what is advertised. A seller can ask what they want, opinions of what is considered restored may differ from seller, to seller. Buyer beware, always.

• Like 3

My response is gone as well. Perhaps this should become a stand alone classified section and not a part of the forum. All questions and answers would be by private message between the buyer and seller only. You could then open up a new section for those who are thinking of selling their car and wonder what people think and run that as a separate section - but at the time the seller decides to actually sell he must move it over to the classified section where no open questions are allowed. It's a shame that this is what the expectations of the world we live in have come to.

"The problem with people today is they have skin that is blistered by moonbeams" - paraphrased from a quote by Ralph Nader.

With UTMOST respect, and deepest gratitude to you guys and gals, volunteers, officers, board members, moderators and more, who do the "above and beyond" to make and keep the greatest, most inclusive car club in the world exactly that. Well now, looka' here now. Listen up. See, lemme see, how to carefully and constructively put it in order to stay immune from the censor's swift sword ? 

Our fellow member in unblemished standing, good ol' Chrysler Greg, has been around these parts off and on for almost 5 years. He is fixin' to enter technical old age in a short month's time. Having made the transition myself 4 years ago, I realize this means he is just another one of us, now more feeble, aging and fading, old, old car guys. Assuming a still relatively sound mind is guiding his actions, our esteemed brother Greg posted earlier that he "has to sell". HAS TO SELL. Why would he say this if he didn't NEED to sell his car ? 'Cause if you "HAVE" to do something, I'm here to tell you, you NEED to DO it. "NEED", explicitly and implicitly defining a "no option" situation. "Reet, Dad !" (?)  - (The late Ed Byrnes, as the hot roddin', jive talkin', comb totin' Gerald Lloyd "Kookie" Kookson the 3rd in the inimitable TV program of the youthful days of many of us : "77 Sunset Strip").  Indeed, the nature of "need" is such that it has a high affinity for,  and in general, is appreciative of, help. So now, it would seem a member posting before friendly fellow members here, revealing his vulnerable, perhaps precarious situation, might indeed be a friend in need. 

That being said, how about we just ask Greg if he wants any MORE help calibrating a realistic sale price in order to get this car sold before it goes out of fashion ? Waddaya say? What do YOU say, Greg ? 

GREG. : CALLING GREG! HEY GREG. HAS ANY ONE HERE BEEN OF ANY HELP TO YOU ? I seem to remember some trial balloons being floated around here at something like 2 and 3 times the present suggested  price. Did any of us help you figure out that this is not one of those high point immaculate restorations, or maybe a number 1 showroom original which  has been perfectly preserved exactly as new with only 2500 - 3000 careful exercise miles, which actually might break out of the 5 digit realm.? 

PUT REAL SIMPLY, GREG, WOULD YOU LIKE US TO SERVE AS A REALITY CHECK FOR YOU? 

I would also most EMPHATICALLY advise all of us NOT to accuse Greg of DISHONORABLE  motivations. As I say, he might just need our help badly. WHAT DO YOU SAY GREG ?

This has taken me over 2 hours of my precious time in order to resist any temptation to fire off my potentially caustic, sarcastic wit,, but to rather keep the posting positive and helpful. Any temptation to deprive AACA of my here constructed "above and beyond" should be likewise resisted. I believe we have a thankfully somewhat unusual situation here. I believe most help offered should be also respected, and treated gently. I believe deletion should be used lightly. We are all friends here. CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is just that. Deletion of this belabored offering would certainly not be constructive to anything. I believe it would be downright cynical.

GREG, ???????????????????????????

Your forum friend,  yes, I said FRIEND,   -   Cadillac Carl 

• Like 1

V'boy, PLEASE don't get me started on ralph, (intentional decapitalization). MODERATORS  : if you devine any political stance HERE, hesitate, think twice before striking me with lightning, and then go ahead and delete. It will have just been a sacrificial spasm. Thank you all,   -  CC 

• Like 1

I'm just on aaca  to get help on rebuilding and selling my 49 Chrysler Royal Woodie   I've had the utmost pleasure of dealing with Rusty o toole. bob Harwood and many other that have helped me immensely.  I ve learned so much here and actually bought parts from some members with great response.   Most people have been very nice -some hatefully degrading and offering no solution  most very helpful  I know I need criticism but that makes me better   Thanks to everybody on this forum that makes it better and a learning tool not a condemnation of the hard work we do

• Like 6

Hi Greg, I'm back. Thank you very much for describing your situation, and your appreciation of help if offered respectfully. What comes to mind as perhaps the most helpful scenario, would be if a kind, respected, trusted member or two near you could pay you a helpful visit. Private message, as has been initiated with some of the guys, certainly eliminates the "feeding frenzy" which might understandably be taken as "hateful". Greg, I think you have borne up well under the circumstances. Sometimes the confines of this particular medium and format can lead to a derailing in which intent becomes warped. Maybe it would be a good idea to extend friendship with some of us beyond the forum. I'll go first. My present phone number is 206-790-6912. It can easily take several tries to reach me, but you are welcome to try absolutely any time whatsoever, regardless of time zone. I almost always turn my phone off when I finally go to sleep. Of course I sometimes forget to turn it back on, or carelessly walk away from it. I look forward to hearing from you.  -  Carl. 

P.S.  And moderators  : Job well done. We have got somewhere at this point. Eeeeeezeee does it,  now. Please.

P.P.S.  All  :  Eeeeeezeee does it, now. Please.

P.P.P.S.  Although just slightly early,  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, GREG ! I hope you will enjoy a comfortable old age. Glad you are able to join us !!!