1932 Dodge

darren32

Hi, everyone,

Hope you're all well. I'm just curious, I've been looking at photos of 1932 Dodges. I own a DL6 and I want to put dual side mounts on, but looking at photos of the DK series there looks as so there's more spacing between the wheel and arch in the fender. So are the DK and DL series fenders a different size?

Thank you very much.

Plus, there is a lot more than just adding the fenders or adding the wells to existing fenders.  The side mount fenders have a separate brace that attaches from the frame to the back of the fender well.  This brace supports a chrome rod that attaches the tire clamp.  The rod offers further support by being attached to the body by a chrome extension piece.  Then there are the tire locks, very hard to find, and the pins that hold the locks to the fenders.  With out all this hardware, the fenders will not support the weight of the tires over a period of time and they could become damaged.

• Thanks 1

thank you both very much for your help. i also have a 32 ford with side mounts and i had one bracket and had one bracket made to work as fords were simple. but i wasnt aware of so many parts in the dodge as ive never seen what all those parts look like. just liked the photo of sidemounts. again thank you very much.

Your car is gorgeous, nice colour and looks great with blackwalls.  If you decide to do sidemounts realize that your road feel will change.  You will be taking 40+ pounds off the rear (well behind the rear wheels and adding 100+ pounds up front.  When I put one sidemount on my Pontiac I noticed the difference until I put a carrier and trunk on the rear. 

14 hours ago, darren32 said:

Hi mate this is my baby. shes original and unrestored...  

Darren, you may realize that original, unrestored cars

are very much appreciated today.  They document history--

not history from Joe's Restoration shop, but the history

that came directly from the factory.  They show the 

features and options that were on the road in, for instance, 1932.

I suggest that you keep it the way it came.  It doesn't need

side-mounted tires to look good and get admiring glances from the public!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

thank you everyone. and i will leave it how it is john_s_in_penna you are very right. i know its originality is a story in its self as much as i would love side mounts i didnt realize the amount of parts i actually needed for it. i live in australia and not many people down here care about older unrestored cars only hot rods so its great to get input from people who care. so thank you all very much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spinneyhill said:

Your car is very hansom Darren, just the way it is.

Does it have an Australian body?

thank you mate. no its american i imported it from michigan. my dads however does have a australian body.

Darren,

Our 32 Dodge didn't last long enough for me to get into the side mounts.  I don;t even remember it it had a spare on both sides.

I should have kept it because the lack of wood would make it a lot easier to restore. than Modet T's, A's and GM cars.  It was a driver

and I doubled my money,  how could I say Not For Sale when asked?

32Dodge.jpg.baf7251e5268af2adb685a79e037395c.jpg

On 6/11/2018 at 6:17 AM, Paul Dobbin said:

Darren,

Our 32 Dodge didn't last long enough for me to get into the side mounts.  I don;t even remember it it had a spare on both sides.

I should have kept it because the lack of wood would make it a lot easier to restore. than Modet T's, A's and GM cars.  It was a driver

and I doubled my money,  how could I say Not For Sale when asked?

32Dodge.jpg.baf7251e5268af2adb685a79e037395c.jpg

hi mate what a nice looking old girl. yeah you dont think about till after your mind just goes ok. but yes it wouldve made it alot easier to restore indeed wouldve looked beautiful. wonder what it looks like now.

• 1 year later...