20 hours ago, 89RedDarkGrey said:

How's this? I can do this for people- because I quit drinking. This is an awesome looking cruiser.

RM-74-2018.thumb.jpg.d23832c378b988a42c646234f7b69e24.jpg

Wow, nice drawing. I still see the lower shape of the Reatta and the re-imagined front and upper. Having zero body modifying skill myself, I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe a couple of drinks will help ;) Thanks to RDG for getting this out to the rest of us.

• Thanks 1

PhotoScape has made a whole new upgraded version, just for WindowsX. This was easy. Open .pdf, then capture screen. Resize to whatever, frame it, turn it into a .png or .jpg to post it. PS is a wonderful program. You are all very welcome- I just wanted to make this beautiful drawing easy for all to see here.:)

• Like 1

Ronnie....I like that sinister look the grill gives it.  I was outside looking at the car and realized I have to stop the grill addition at the base of the hood other wise I will lose access to the headlight motors.  KDirk  I plan on (or hoping to) change it to be one of a kind as I did with my S-10. My S-10 draws a lot of people at car shows and I get the opportunity to engage in many conversations. I hope to do the same with the Reatta. The Reatta has notoriety now, but I would like to take it a step further. I always liked custom cars because they show creative concepts and uniqueness. It's like I tell everyone at car shows about my S-10.........I can't rob banks with it.:)

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, retiredmechanic74 said:

Ronnie....I like that sinister look the grill gives it.

I know I'll get horse laughed for saying this but I thought the front end in my photo looked a little like a Ferrari 355.

ferrari 355.jpg  SAM_2757-topgrill-2b.JPG

• Like 1

I like the looks you gave the Reatta better then the Ferrari, but I'm wanting to go with a bigger grill for two reasons, I like the looks of a bigger grill and, more air for the radiator. Here in South Carolina it can get pretty hot in the summer time. Right now I making some changes to my S-10, 4th time I've done this (trying to keep something new for the car shows) but soon as the weather starts warming up I think I'm going to start on the Reatta ( I'll post pics of progress) Thanks for the input.

• Like 2

I admire you for being able to draw what you like and your ability to build it. To me it appears you will only have the hood, the turn/corner lights and maybe some interior parts that will be recognized as a Buick Reatta. If you want a car that looks like the one you drew, which will be an interesting and unique car, why start with a Reatta and not something with back seats and more performance?

3 hours ago, retiredmechanic74 said:

Here in South Carolina it can get pretty hot in the summer time.

Where you are- it's advisable to do the "170*F Thermostat upgrade" and add a "fan controller" or get your ECM PROM tweaked. I forgot how much the guy at Sinister charges? Somebody will chime in.

...Ronnie, It's the challenge more then it is the car. I just happen to own a unique car and it's begging me to change it.

89RedDarkGray......I have installed a relay into the fan system to over ride its control so when I turn on the key the fan runs, and with the existing thermostat I get good heat when it gets cold without having to change thermostats I've done this with every car I've owned that didn't have a belt driven fan. I also did this for my customers when I was in business.     

Edited by retiredmechanic74 (see edit history)
  • Like 1