Another parts car

NC-car-guy

1 hour ago, Pilgrim65 said:

You guys are lucky to have the space to store cars and have some very understanding other halfs

cheers

pilgrim 

Oh ya, the wife is one thing :rolleyes: but the other part of that equation is good understanding neighbours! ;)

Scofield_Fence_-_Mar_17,_2016_-_pic5.JPG

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dei said:

but the other part of that equation is good understanding neighbours! ;)

You're right about that, and luckily both of my neighbors have one or two cars up on blocks.  But this is Georgia gotta maintain the image. 

But I still got reported a few years back and  a visit from the county and told not to bring any more in. But I didn't see them count before they left so.... 

• Like 8

• 3 months later...

I am now down to NO whole parts cars.  I have my car and two bare frames with suspensions, one with running gear.  The yard is clean, no more parts stacked in the house, my addiction is in a holding pattern yay!  But I'll be d*mned if I can find the tail lights....  I sure hope they weren't hiding in one of the cars I sold......  :o

• Like 1

I wish I could bring home a few parts cars I've seen in the last two years - a 56 wagon with 3 on the tree out by Idaho, a 56 Roadmaster for $500 sitting in someone's yard by Olympia... consider yourself lucky you have the space.

• Like 2

No engine, no trans, no floor, no interior, no dash...  they used ratchet straps to pull the car up, the trailer bent down so much, they didn't need ramps.  No tow ball, just a big bolt through the hitch!

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Already got my money worth. The rear view mirror glass was in perfect shape, not peeling or discolored at all. However my case was in much better shape so I switch the glass and now I can see what's behind me.

• Like 7

On 3/31/2018 at 4:15 PM, wndsofchng06 said:

20180331_160558.jpg

20180331_160607.jpg

20180331_160614.jpg

20180331_160622.jpg

20180331_160654.jpg

I posted the power brake set and rear window in the buy/sell forum.  Heater valve is spoken for and I've got a guy coming this week that may want the doors and whats left of the hood for an art project.  I'll pull the P/S soon and get it in the buy/sell section.   Does anyone need anything else off this car before I start hoarding, er I mean storing it away.   Since the body on this one is so shot, I find it easier to disassemble and store the good stuff inside.

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Don't forget to check for the hens teeth. they're at the bottom of the front shocks

Yea.   I'll pull the engine and trans to put inside  the rolling frame and whatever is left of the body will go outback to be picked as necessary.  (I know I'll used the roadmaster front brake setup on the blue 54).

• 1 year later...