kid442

1963 Olds Jetfire Re-restoration- Turbo charged/Fluid injection

Jeffz,

Thanks for the post and info. If you ever come across him again tell him there is a web site oldsjetfire.com and he should register on it. We are trying to get all jetfire owners to join. This helps when parts need to be reproduced. More owners and parts sold lower price. Thank you again!

Ken

Just retired and moved to Maryland. I have a lot more time to work on the car. Just pulled the motor. Have both doors installed. Been stripping parts, bead blasting and getting things painted and detailed. Finished painting the engine compartment. Painted the floors on the inside and seam sealed them. Now to the underside. A few photos below. More to follow.

IMG_20140919_115414_zps8b94c571.jpg

Engine compartment painted

IMG_20140919_113459_zps78e1f03c.jpg

Floors seam sealed and painted.

Thanks for the reply. Working on the underside today. Starting to take shape. Trying to get all the parts painted but the weather is closing in on me. Next on the list is getting the windshield installed.

Still looking for parts. If anyone has any drop me an email.

Ken

kid442w30@yahoo.com

Just catching up with some photos. Door are on and the trunk lid. Starting to shape up. Been striping parts, bead blasting and painting for the last 3 weeks. Seam sealed the floor from the top and bottom. Undercoated half the floor today. Running out of warm weather to paint. Next thing on the list is to install the windshield. Soon to the engine to clean it up and install some new gaskets. Still a lot to do.

Ken

DSC05643_zpsf29fe69e.jpg

DSC05642_zps6ace2948.jpg

DSC05645_zps8b0446f5.jpg

Both posts painted and installed the windshield over the weekend. Put the engine on the stand and ready to re-gasket it. Paint and detail it. Still striping, bead blasting and painting parts.

Still looking for parts!

jetfireDSC05676_zps3580c723.jpg

jetfireDSC05675_zps11b40c0b.jpg

jetfireengineDSC05678_zps9478d5c2.jpg

Things are starting to slow down with winter coming. Cleaning the engine and re-gasket the intake manifold, and the painted the oil pan. All bolts and hardware coated. Just locating parts and bead blasting parts.

Always looking for parts and cars! Need a 1961, 1962, and 1963 Olds Cutlass, F85 or Buick Special Skylark!!

Thanks,

Ken

kid442w30@yahoo.com

jetfireeng-1_zps46fa011a.jpg

jetfireeng-2_zps42dda55d.jpg

jetfireeng-3_zps27c83e1c.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Is that a tach drive coming off the oil filter housing? Never knew about the angle plug heads, either. What a great engine.

First update in about 9 months. Was a very long winter for me but been working real hard this spring and through a very hot summer. The photos do not look like much was done but took a lot to gt to this point. Every time I think I have everything cleaned bead blasted and painted I find more. The engine is installed as well as the bell housing, flywheel, clutch assembly and trans. I have the clutch linkage, bell crank, and pedals. Have the Hurst shifter installed. Also installed the heater core and blower motor. Stripped a fuel pump bolt hole last week. Installed two helicoils and re-assembled the front cover to the engine. Installed power steering and alternator brackets. Next on the list is the wiring harness. I should have more photos soon.

Ken 

jetfire%20engine%2011_zpshnr7erdj.jpg

jetfire%20engine%2010_zpsso8hfbzk.jpg

Working on the interior. Dash pad, door panels installed. Carburetor due next week so moving to the engine next. Hopefully it should be running by the new year.

63%20jetfire%20interior_zpsua5oh9ck.jpg

Carburetor arrived last week! Installed the radiator, alternator, and turbo assembly. A lot of lines to hook up and hoses. Still have a few more days before I try to start it. Should be running after Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all,

Ken

DSC05873_zpsgin4pfgh.jpg

OK the re-start is complete. Drove it a mile or so. Moved, shifted and stopped. First time in 5 years. Lots of details and exhaust installed. See the video.

• Like 1