Posting Photos

Guest Ranger

Tim,

I don't understand how to post photos either. I've sent an email to Peter the webmaster. You could also go to one of the other sites and do a search for "post photos". For some reason the link from the ROA site brings you right into the ROA forum, not to the main board as it should, try clicking on the "Collectable Automobile Discussion Forums" right under the AACA logo at the top left of the page.

As soon as I hear something, I'll post it.

Jim,

Thanks for the information. I too think we would get more exposure if we had a link from the BCA main page. Most folks aren't likely to stumble across this site unless they know about the AACA main page. It is still a good start and offers another mode of communication for ROA and BCA members which has to be a good thing!

Tim

Tim,

I pulled this off the Reatta site:

Re: How to Attach Image

Attaching is for images that you have located on your computer...

Make a post or reply to your own, and at the bottom, check the box "I

want to preview my post and/or attach a file", then click Continue.

Click the Browse button by "You may attach a file if you like..." and

locate it on your computer. Click OK, then OK, Submit.

Jim

To have the image appear in the post, you can remote host the file using FTP (provided as a free service many places on the web including AOL). At the point in your post where you want the picture to appear you would click "Image" under the "Instant UBB Code" menu below the text box, and then enter the address of the photo in question in the dialog box that appears.

A cheat if you don't want to deal with remote hosting is to do the attachement as you did above, and finalize the post, once it is up view the post, click the attachment and copy the address of the photo while viewing and then edit the post and insert the address of the photo you had already uploaded into the body of the post using the "Image" command under the "Instant UBB Code" menu.

Intentionally broken Command below (image misspelled)

[imige]http://forums.aaca.org/misc/428456-65GREENRIV.JPG[/image]

Without the mispelling, you get this:

428456-65GREENRIV.JPG

You will be limited on picture size and quantity. If you were to sign up for AOL (now free) you would be able to remotely host any number of higher quality images without eating up the AACA's bandwidth, and it really isn't more difficult to do. here's an example (intentionally misspelled again):

[imige]http://members.aol.com:/rsk1968/sigpic2.jpg[/image]

[imige]http://members.aol.com/rawja/sev2.jpg[/image]

[imige]http://members.aol.com:/rsk1968/dstbstr.jpg[/image]

And the result:

sigpic2.jpg

sev2.jpg

dstbstr.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do you want a "riviera" link in the discussion forums header?

you'll have to message roberta vasalow at the bca to get approval for that.

but i agree, it would be a great place for a link

peter </div></div>

Hi Peter,

You mean on the BCA webpage?

Is it possible to have a link to the ROA website on the ACCA forums near the CCCA BCA OCA HCCA and WPC links?

Click "My Home" link located at the top of this page.

Under "Main Configuration" header click "Personal information, email, password, etc." "Edit" link.

There's a signature box to enter image links, text or whatever you're looking to display.

Here's the entry within my signature block (image misspelled, "Bold" commands disabled):

[im1ge]http://members.aol.com:/rawja/ReattaUS1sigpic.jpg[/image]

Roger Klein

AACA# 221112

BCA# 37400

RDIV# 498

CLC# 22022

[ b ]"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." - Thomas Jefferson [ /b ]

Guest 63riviera

The '73 is an EXCELLENT driver,with a an ACCEL 71105e billet dist., 7.5 amp #35366 ign module, an old-stock Jacob's ultra coil, all new ignition wiring/switch, Accel 300+ wires, R45TSX AC-Delco plugs gapped at 0.065", a Power master 9202 starter solenoid, Redtop Optima battery,2/0 battery cables.

It also has a 2 1/2" mandrel bent, stainless-steel dual exhaust, Coker semi-wide whites, a new TA waterpump, all gates belts and hoses,a new 94amp Delco 12-SI alternator, new wiring, etc.

This thing runs smoother than my Lexus.It's joy to drive.And even being a'73,it still has a lot of torque that is unintentionally faster off the line than almost any new car i come across.

and so does my '76, with all new Accel HEI parts.

But I am so frustrated with the '63--I just got it back after about 1 1/2 months of work for a 700R4 conversion and transmission that works worse than my previously slipping dynaflow; I have to rev it up to 3500+rpm just to get it moving, and then the shifts are so erratic. At highway speed it's okay, but, since i use this car rarely for around the-town driving, the transmission's performance is just not acceptable. I didn't spend $3255 for a slipping, rebuilt transmission.

• 2 weeks later...

"A cheat if you don't want to deal with remote hosting is to do the attachement as you did above, and finalize the post, once it is up view the post, click the attachment and copy the address of the photo while viewing and then edit the post and insert the address of the photo you had already uploaded into the body of the post using the "Image" command under the "Instant UBB Code" menu."

[color:"blue"] I tried this and what I got was the address in the body of the text. Any idea what I did wrong ?

Yeah, the web address of the file must have the command [im1ge] before and the [/im1ge] immediately thereafter (imige commands intentionaly misspelled). I'll use this post as an example.

You type in whatever in your text box, confirm the "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file " box is checked and hit the continue button.

Below the text box there is a line stating "You may attach a file if you like (no bigger than 1000000 bytes please)." hit the browse button to locate the file on your computer and attach it to your post. Submit the post as if you are done.

Once your post is up, click the attachment link to see the picture you've uploaded. while you are on that screen copy the address (CNTRL-C), and then go back to the post and use the edit function to get a chance to add the commands.

In the text editing box you would select the point in the body of the text you want the picture to be in, and insert the image command followed by pasting the picture's address (CTRL-V) followed by the /image command like for instance the picture attachment I placed on this post.

the address of the picture is http://forums.aaca.org/misc/432862-Buick_1939_crop.jpg

so you just type in the following:[im1ge]http://forums.aaca.org/misc/432862-Buick_1939_crop.jpg [/im1ge]

properly spelled this command line produces this:

432862-Buick_1939_crop.jpg

Once you've done it a few times it is really easy.

post-30931-143137917095_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Jayson,

It is because you are trying to link to a group of pictures, not an individual picture.

In order for this to work, you must link to a picture ending in .jpg or gif.

Try this

FOREXAMPLE:http://image61.webshots.com/61/1/83/86/2185183860016106545cHfrov_ph.jpg

I did a right mouse click on your picture and selected Copy Image Location to get the location.

2185183860016106545cHfrov_ph.jpg