Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc.

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc., Winston-Salem, N.C., said it planned to open two stores, one in Sioux Falls, S.D., and the other in Fargo, N.D., as it tests smaller markets. <BR>NY Times 04/21/01<BR>SalG keeper of the KK business updates grin.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

Sal ~ I just got off the KK website after getting the address of the newest store in Denver. cool.gif" border="0 I have to go to Denver Wed. to get some tires for Judy's Model A and thought I would get a FEW dozen for all the folks here in Cheyenne who keep asking for them. shocked.gif" border="0<P>Lucky me, KK is reasonably close to my tire source. I will check with dbinger's cardiologist to see if he can have one grin.gif" border="0 <P>hvs smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0<P>Bill ~ Just saw your post after finishing mine. Like in Texas, 100 miles in Wyoming/Colorado IS close. grin.gif" border="0 <P>Howard<p>[ 04-23-2001: Message edited by: hvs ]

Dan, Just take that one KK from hvs over to the Annex, pull a pop out of the ronbarn memorial beer machine and enjoy - then get back to work on the tour.<P>For you other DFers, Dan is planning the Western Divisional Tour sponsored by the Buzzard's Breath Touring Region grin.gif" border="0 Gonna be a good time with major visit to Bruce's in Severance, CO. rolleyes.gif" border="0

I will bring back more than one for Dan, but feed them to him one at a time. If the last one gets stale, I will have it bronzed. cool.gif" border="0 hvs

Hey Sal,<BR>They sell Krispy Kreme doughnuts at the cafeterias on the SUNY Stony Brook, L.I. campus.<BR>Don't know how fresh they are, but they are displayed in official Krispy Kreme cases.<BR>Rog tongue.gif" border="0

I have lookied on in amazement, watching car-folk "wolf down" those Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Those things make my teeth hurt. Since they are "mummified' in sugar, they probably would last through a whole old-car tour! <BR>They certainly have a loyal following. I just watch from the sidelines now! rolleyes.gif" border="0

Dpwn here in Miami they sell Krispy Kremes in the Hess gas stations and also in teh Winn Dixie Supermarkets ... I never buy those though ...... I like getting them hot and fresh ....but even here in Miami there is only one krispy kreme and its 30 miles from my house .... there is also one in Ft lauderdale ... but of course that one is farther. Its one of the best drives you can make for some munchies at two in the morning ...............mmmmmmmmmm....dozen donuts and a half gallon of milk. How simply we can be satisfied sometimes.

These Krispy Kremes are everywhere! I took a break from chores the other day and turned on the tv for a few minutes. The first thing I see is a report on an unexplained spike in the Krispy Kreme stock price. Do you think our conversations on the DF are having an impact?<P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region

• 6 months later...
Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Profits increase by 68% for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts<BR>Profits in Krispy Kreme Doughnuts's fiscal third-quarter rose 68 percent as the company opened stores and consumers ate more doughnuts. Net income rose to $6.48 million, or 11 cents a share, in the quarter ended Oct. 28, from $3.85 million, or 7 cents, in the year-earlier period. Revenue rose 28 percent, to $99.8 million the company said yesterday. Krispy Kreme added 10 stores in California, Pennsylvania and other states, bringing the total number of stores to 198 at the end of the quarter. Krispy Kreme's sales were not hurt by a decline in consumer spending as much as other retailers' were because comfort foods like doughnuts are appealing when the economy slows, analysts said. Krispy Kreme is based in Winston-Salem, N.C. (Bloomberg News) smile.gif" border="0

critterpainter ~~ they opened a Krispy Kreme in Mountain View, CA a little over a year ago. My wife and I went once to see what the fuss was about. I personally don't think they live up to the hype.<P>But hvs is apparently addicted to them. Must be a taste you have to acquire in your youth.....

You're right Tod. A 50 year old habit is hard to break and I got hooked on them my freshman year in college [1951] at the Univ. of NC. Close to the source way back then. smile.gif" border="0 ~ hvs<p>[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: hvs ]

Here`s a couple of hints.<BR>The taste of a cold KK is completly different<BR>from that of a hot one.<BR>However,if they are not fresh try heating two at a time in a mircowave with the setting on mid range for 8 to 10 seconds. They will be near`bout the same as freshly baked. From the freezer it takes about 30 second with the same mircowave settings. They will be less than near`bout but still tasty.<BR>Oh yeah, when they went public, the price doubled around here.<BR>Bob<BR>W-S, NC

• 3 weeks later...

Unregistered - are you afraid to be identified as a KK hater? mad.gif" border="0 <P>FYI - everyone should take a look at the following old DF thread: <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001763" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aaca.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001763</A> <P>Maryland is awash in KK availability. They are offered in most supermarkets here. As a mass marketed consumer product they are not the best donuts on earth - kind of greasy, sugary and more than a day old. Well that's my opinion. I've tasted them fresh and they're OK, but mass marketed NOT! shocked.gif" border="0 <P>I still think that the KK Legend is mostly hype. wink.gif" border="0

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

Unregistered user.,<P>Have you tried them in a box?<BR>Have you tried them with a fox?<BR>Have you tried them on a train?<BR>Have you tried them in the rain?

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Dr. Sauss, Green eggs and ham, like The Cat in the Hat. wink.gif" border="0 <BR>Who wants to go to the St. Patrick's Day parade? I have never been to one always preferred to stay warm. rolleyes.gif" border="0

Never paid attention to Cat In The Hat! That was for the younger crowd in our house. Now I know what I missed. You ought to try the parade. To me it is a sure sign that winter is over - all that festive energy and all those drunken spectators. Quite an experience! But no antique cars like the St. Patty's parade in Alexandria, VA. grin.gif" border="0

Ok, we've decided that there is a cult following for KK's, and I can probably conclude at this point that anyone who doesnt own some stock in either Harley Davidson or KK is borderline un-America. Got a co-worker who lives just around the corner and brings in some hot KKs once each week so I have no probs getting by regular dose. But, there is one other treat out there that only a very select few get to regularly enjoy - <P>WHITE CASTLE HAMBURGERS!!!! I understand they don't franchise confused.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0 <P>Waiting patiently for the meet or tour that features a Friday nite social with some of those gems! Anybody else out there similarly addicted? <P>Terry

We were shopping in the northern part of Wilmington DE this morning and passed the only KK store in the state. A quick Uee and we were enjoying hot of the press KK's and coffee. Bought a few for later in the day. What a great start to a great day, wish we were closer.<P>Bought a KK coffee mug and picked up several paper KK hats. Will bring those to Philadelphia for you guys attending..<P>Chuck grin.gif" border="0