How do we report and ban scammers?

hddennis

56 minutes ago, hddennis said:

How do we report and ban scammers?

See the 3 little dots at the upper right of all posts provided you are signed-in.  Tap on them and choose “Report”.  It will automatically go to the Moderators.

Note:  Administrators are the only folks that can ban someone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If the scammer is sending you private messages, you can click the report button on the private message so those can be reviewed by the moderators too. That is the only way to make the moderators aware of the problem in private messages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There were a bunch of click bait ads posted last night. I looked in one that had a few replies, and replies said they had reported it. My thanks to those that reported some. I then reported a couple more threads. I tend to be on in the wee hours when these reprobates might try to sneak in. I encourage anyone else seeing such posts or threads to click on the three dots and report them. Easy peasy.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

I tend to be on in the wee hours when these reprobates might try to sneak in. 

Are these people from foreign countries,

typically?  Which countries?  For example,

many telephone scammers are in India.

That might explain their off-hours postings.

I don't know, but I often wonder where they are. I reported another one several hours ago. They were early.

These things seem to come in waves. A few months ago, I reported a bunch of them over a couple weeks. Then I didn't see any to report for quite a while (although I was aware of a few reported by others due to comments by other people in other threads). Now in the past few days I have seen another bunch of them.

I am surprised that there's been no recent acknowledgement of the problem by the forum administrators. They have obviously done everything they can do to cancel these posts, but the faithful are still concerned.

Maybe a reassuring word from the top of the mountain would lend a little comfort.

I reported one Sunday night as well.

Claiming to help with crypto currencies and wanting you to send your information to another email address. Post was trying to tug at your heart strings and make you feel sorry for them.  Obvious fraud or scam. I see that the post is gone now.