FS: 1941 Buick Model 46S Coupe Sedanette $8k. SOLD

scott poley

SOLD> Very nice example, licensed and registered in NY. New wiring harness, converted to 12v. Three speed manual "on the tree". Some minor pitting on chrome (door handles) but most in great shape. Will make someone a super classic ride. Please contact if any additional questions. Price is $8,000.

IMG_2344.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2346.jpeg

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2349.jpeg

IMG_2351.jpeg

IMG_2359.jpeg

IMG_2357.jpeg

Edited by scott poley
list as sold (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• scott poley changed the title to FS: 1941 Buick Model 46S Coupe Sedanette $8k.
  • scott poley changed the title to FS: 1941 Buick Model 46S Coupe Sedanette $8k. SOLD
30 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

???

Ben

I spoke with the seller on the phone last night and expressed my desire in buying the car. We made a plan to speak first thing in the morning which we did via Facebook and he told me to call him after 10. When I reached back out he told me he was waiting on a bank transfer from another buyer. In the time between that he made a deal with someone else. I can understand having a lot of interest but I believed us to be on the same page and it was just a very inconsiderate way to go about things. I guess I’ve just become increasingly disappointed in these types of scenarios of late as there seems to be a lack of respect and courtesy for peoples time and a general lack of integrity. Oh well there will be other cars!

Edited by bigbry13 (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, bigbry13 said:

I spoke with the seller on the phone last night and expressed my desire in buying the car. We made a plan to speak first thing in the morning which we did via Facebook and he told me to call him after 10. When I reached back out he told me he was waiting on a bank transfer from another buyer. In the time between that he made a deal with someone else. I can understand having a lot of interest but I believed us to be on the same page and it was just a very inconsiderate way to go about things. I guess I’ve just become increasingly disappointed in these types of scenarios of late as there seems to be a lack of respect and courtesy for peoples time and a general lack of integrity. Oh well there will be other cars!

I usually offer earnest money if I really want a vehicle. I think in the past, it may have been disingenuous to back out of a verbal commitment. But I can say that for vehicles (or really anything) that I've sold over the internet, there are many folks who express strong commitments to buy and then never follow through. I've been shafted several times by people following through. It goes both ways. As they say, "if you're serious, put your money where your mouth is". To me it seems like this car was slightly underpriced given its apparent condition. 

4 hours ago, drhach said:

I usually offer earnest money if I really want a vehicle. I think in the past, it may have been disingenuous to back out of a verbal commitment. But I can say that for vehicles (or really anything) that I've sold over the internet, there are many folks who express strong commitments to buy and then never follow through. I've been shafted several times by people following through. It goes both ways. As they say, "if you're serious, put your money where your mouth is". To me it seems like this car was slightly underpriced given its apparent condition. 

I can totally understand that point but I spoke with him an hour before he told me he sold it and we were on the same page. If I had left it hanging for a day or more than that’s my fault but to do that after speaking with me a mere hour before is completely disingenuous. Oh well as stated it’s just a car but it is a disappointing state of affairs these days