Copart Auction: 1930 Cadillac V8 Series 353 The Fleetwind - Sedanette Cabriolet by Fleetwood, Style No. 3981 - Upcoming lot. - COPART VAN NUYS, CA YARD 43 - Not Mine

Copart Auction: 1930 Cadillac V8 Series 353 The Fleetwind - Sedanette Cabriolet by Fleetwood, Style No. 3981 - Upcoming lot. - COPART VAN NUYS, CA, YARD 43

Copart USA - Leader in Online Salvage & Insurance Auto Auctions

Lot Number: 69826394
VIN: ******
Odometer:92,620 mi (ACTUAL)
Primary Damage: MINOR DENT/SCRATCHES
Estimated Retail Value: $50,000.00 USD
Color: UNKNOWN - NOT OK FOR INV.
Vehicle Type: AUTOMOBILE
Keys: NO
Highlights: Offsite Sales

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1930 Cadillac V8 Series 353 The Fleetwind - Sedanette Cabriolet by Fleetwood, Style No. 3981.

'30 CADILLAC V8 Fleetwood CA a.jpg

'30 CADILLAC V8 Fleetwood CA b.jpg

'30 CADILLAC V8 Fleetwood CA c.jpg

'30 CADILLAC V8 Fleetwood CA d.jpg

'30 CADILLAC V8 Fleetwood CA e.jpg

'30 CADILLAC V8 Fleetwood CA f.jpg

'30 CADILLAC V8 Fleetwood CA g.jpg

'30 CADILLAC V8 Fleetwood CA h.jpg

'30 CADILLAC V8 Fleetwood CA i.jpg

'30 CADILLAC V8 Fleetwood CA j.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TerryB said:

Theft recovery?   Should be interesting to follow this one when the auction starts.

All these Copart collectible cars from the same owner / estate /  insurance company / financier?

Other in background

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/420442-copart-salvage-auction 1920-stutz-model-h-7-passenger-sport-phaeton-ends-9-16-2024-10-am-north-orlando-fl -not-mine/#comment-2720526

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/420363-for-sale-1922-rolls-royce-silver-ghost-springfield-roadster-auction-salvage/#comment-2720248

18 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I think 25K as it sits is probably all the money in the world.

A.J.:

$25K for what by my estimation is the most attractive sport/club sedan by Fleetwood on the 1930 Cadillac V8 seems a bargain.  The body is essentially a Fleetwood Style 4380 All-weather phaeton convertible sedan without the top well, with a stationary top.   Harley Earl must have noticed the Murphy-designed, Biddle & Smart-built Hudson Super Six Custom Landau Sedans which are the same configuration. 

Steve 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

A.J.:

$25K for what by my estimation is the most attractive sport/club sedan by Fleetwood on the 1930 Cadillac V8 seems a bargain.  The body is essentially a Fleetwood Style 4380 All-weather phaeton convertible sedan without the top well, with a stationary top.   Harley Earl must have noticed the Murphy-designed, Biddle & Smart-built Hudson Super Six Custom Landau Sedans which are the same configuration. 

Steve 

Steve,

As I said above, I can’t get over how perfect the proportions of this car appear in the posted pictures.  I don’t have any Cadillac era books and have not yet searched for other internet pics.  Do you have any other pictures of this exact model?  I would like to see other examples…

Kent

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kar3516 said:

Steve,

As I said above, I can’t get over how perfect the proportions of this car appear in the posted pictures.  I don’t have any Cadillac era books and have not yet searched for other internet pics.  Do you have any other pictures of this exact model?  I would like to see other examples…

Kent

Kent:

Here is The New Cadillac Database website link to the 1930 section and the photos of the Sedanette Cabriolet by Fleetwood:

Cadillac Photos - 1930 (planeteldorado.com)

Cadillac offered such a multiplicity of body style choices during those late 1920's - early 1930's years its mind boggling.  The book: Fleetwood, The Company & The Coachcraft by James J. Schild, published by The Auto Review in 2001 is worth adding to your bookshelf.

Steve

Cadillac Database - 1930 - Sedanette Cabriolet a.png

Cadillac Database - 1930 - Sedanette Cabriolet b.png

Cadillac Database - 1930 - Sedanette Cabriolet c.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Kent:

Here is The New Cadillac Database website link to the 1930 section and the photos of the Sedanette Cabriolet by Fleetwood:

Cadillac Photos - 1930 (planeteldorado.com)

Cadillac offered such a multiplicity of body style choices during those late 1920's - early 1930's years its mind boggling.  The book: Fleetwood, The Company & The Coachcraft by James J. Schild, published by The Auto Review in 2001 is worth adding to your bookshelf.

Steve

Cadillac Database - 1930 - Sedanette Cabriolet a.png

Cadillac Database - 1930 - Sedanette Cabriolet b.png

Cadillac Database - 1930 - Sedanette Cabriolet c.png

Steve,

Thank you for the heads up.  I will find a copy!

Kent

• Like 2

On 8/30/2024 at 4:57 PM, 1939_Buick said:

The Stutz is listed as Florida, this one in L.A. area.  hard to imagine where they came from and how they ended up here,  

20 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

A.J.:

Steve 

Steve,  I love it!  And if it ran I would tell you 40-45K.   But you can dump 50k into that car pretty quick just to make it go down the road.

54 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Steve,  I love it!  And if it ran I would tell you 40-45K.   But you can dump 50k into that car pretty quick just to make it go down the road.

A.J.:

I get the feeling from what's been written on here that these late 1920's-early 1930's V8 Cadillacs aren't held in all that high a regard.  Unless it's an open body style, that most are generic Classics, that there are better choices available.  If so, this Sedanette Cabriolet by Fleetwood is the most appealing closed body style on a less-than-sought chassis.  Am I off base in this assumption? 

Steve

• Like 1