1972 Buick Centurion-SOLD

Well the time has come. I'm flat busted and stuffs gotta go. 1972 Buick Centurion. This car just turned over to 43,000 miles. 455/ auto. It has manual windows and locks. A/C car, power seat, AM/FM 8-track player, tilt wheel, and Max Trac (primitive traction control which is currently unhooked). In 2000, the previous owner who is the owner of Jurassic classics out of Florida, took the body off the frame and repainted everything. He put new gaskets on the engine transmission and painted those as well. Has all new body mount bushings, exhaust, brake lines, hoses, and suspension bushings. You could eat off the underside. He also put a new top and new carpet in it. Since I've had it put tires on it, new a/c condenser, and new a/c compressor 2 years ago. New wheel cylinders shoes and pads about a year ago. A new master cylinder and a new proportioning valve, and new alternator this year. The AC still doesn't work. I have a new dryer and a new evaporator in the box that comes with the car. The radio/8-track stopped working earlier this year. I have another one, that I ordered off the internet as the one in the dashboard has some modifications to it. Car will need new speakers also. The seats are in excellent shape. The plastic on the lower door panels is showing some dryness and flaking. The dash pad and wood grain are perfect. The top will need to be replaced again in the near future as it does have a tear in the center and near the rear glass. It does give a puff of blue smoke when it's started after it's gotten warm, I assume valve seals? It has been super reliable and I would drive it anywhere. Also has a matching fiberglass parade boot! $18900

PXL_20230610_230450239.jpg

PXL_20240601_125548423.jpg

Edited by NC-car-guy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

So, I had to open it up on marketplace. With it just listed on my facebook profile, sharing it only my friends could see it.   It was either make the post public and deal with scammer comments or put it on marketplace and deal with "is it available" and "will you trade for my worn out harley"  UGH

5 minutes ago, Jolly_John said:

Best of luck with your sale, Matt. I know you put a lot of love AND dollars into this BUICK. John

I hate that it has to go, I was just starting to like it.

I took the price off for now.  It is being listed with Hemmings Auction, I'll post the link once it's live.  I have to commit to a 7-day auction at which time I can advertise the car with the hemmings link only.

• 2 weeks later...
  • NC-car-guy changed the title to 1972 Buick Centurion- hemmings auction
  • NC-car-guy changed the title to 1972 Buick Centurion-$18900

If somebody always wanted that car or something similar you can do well because there is limited supply and the cost of restoring one is cost prohibitive. On the flip side, if your market is relegated to the general public who may think the car is cool, but does not want to lose any money on it should they opt to sell in a few years, then the likely outcome is not being satisfied with the highest offer. 

Well I've had all my personal stuff up for sale over the last couple of months. Just trying to keep a roof over my head at this point.  With an $18,000 price tag I'm taking a big loss already.  There's a couple other centurions floating around for sale that you couldn't put $15,000 in and make them as nice as this car. Yet somehow a clapped out Chevy will bring you the same money.  I used to think that having something unique was great, but that's for people who are independently wealthy not me.

1 hour ago, EmTee said:

Unfortunately, the calendar is working against you with summer in the rear-view mirror...

Down here Summer is awful for a convertible. It's so disgustingly hot. You can't stand it.  Spring and fall are the convertible seasons. 

Epic fail.  Took the car to the meeting spot, chatted with the guy, he had a bank check with my name on it.  Went to put the top down so he could enjoy the ride home, and one side of the top failed.  Don't konw yet if its the gearbox or the cable.   I've ordered a cable online as I can quickly try that myself.  If it's the gearbox, I'm worried.  I see a rebuild services but who knows about length of time, and if it's something I can install myself without taking the top apart.  😤

• NC-car-guy changed the title to 1972 Buick Centurion-SOLD