Who is in Central Mass? 16th Annual WPI Car Show Sun 4/21 9:00-2:00.

This is a student club at Worcester Poly Tech  and I was hoping to bring a prewar car to their show but I have two issues:   1.  I have a conflict.  2.  The car I was bringing is now on jack stands.

Anybody nearby that could bring a car and represent the AACA/Forum?   Would love to see a prewar car there but anything would cool.   Would like to support the younger guys but I'm failing at it.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1100922247843156/

29 Garden St, Worcester, MA 01605-2635, United States

9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Nice view into typical cars a college age enthusiast may be playing with today. 

Ralph did you happen to stop by the "Dogfather" truck?  I have a hat with the exact logo and wondered if they do dog rescue or a clothing line, or ???

• Like 3

The oldest car I see in those pictures was the orange early 30's Pickup driving in the center of the picture.

probably a Resto-Mod.

Second oldest was the blue 66 VW Beetle, slightly modified.    Interesting, but no real old restored stuff.

Car shows are mostly that way now.   But better than staying home and watching football. 

When I show up they think mine is a custom car too, unless I take the unrestored 35 pickup.

FordorCover.jpg

Cover Shot.jpg

Edited by Paul Dobbin (see edit history)
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Ralph did you happen to stop by the "Dogfather" truck?  I have a hat with the exact logo and wondered if they do dog rescue or a clothing line, or ???

I have seen that around town Steve and I think it is a food truck and I'm guessing hot dogs.

• Like 2

My son is 30, and has become a car guy since he has bought one of his own last year. The cars in the pics above are exactly the kind of ones he talks about. He loves the jdm stuff and for some reason has a liking to miatas? We were at a cars n coffee last week and he immediately took me over to show me a nissan GTR that was there. I had never seen one in person, only heard him talking about them on occasion. I have to admit, it was a pretty badd*&^*^& car!

I have always liked the Datsun 240/260 Z.  Interesting that your son likes Miatas; the press originally compared them with the MG-B or TR-3.  My friends called them 'secretary cars'.  Then again, I can recall that same label applied to the Firebird Esprit...

I guess Rockford didn't get that memo!  ;)

James Garner as Jim Rockford | James garner, The rockford files, Rockford

• Haha 1

I give him a hard time about Miatas (sorry to those miata owners present😬). I had a friend in hs that inherited his mothers 240Z. I have always liked those cars. I would really like to have a 260 or an early 280. Never much cared for toyotas but I would even consider an early supra at this point.

(Rockford drove an esprit but it had the heart of a formula, LOL. The premise was that a paycheck to paycheck PI would not have the fanciest car on the road. Hence a base model Firebird)

Edited by TAKerry (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Weekend show here on the south shore of long island. I had attended years ago in my car with running boards and one of the few pre war cars there. They are now CAR SHOWS, not old or antique car shows. Interesting - well it is a matter of your age and interest . I can appreciate the interest but still spend any spare $ I have on vehicles that are older then I am . That being said I really like the 1953-56 era cars of some makes as well, mostly Chrysler or GM.

• Like 2

On 4/27/2024 at 6:13 AM, EmTee said:

Just goes to show that "old" is a relative term!  ;)

Just like “Antique”. 😉

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 1:22 PM, Steve_Mack_CT said:

I did not, I have sworn my allegiance to Coney Island for all my hot dog needs in Worcester 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/29/2024 at 8:32 AM, TAKerry said:

I give him a hard time about Miatas (sorry to those miata owners present😬). I had a friend in hs that inherited his mothers 240Z. I have always liked those cars. I would really like to have a 260 or an early 280. Never much cared for toyotas but I would even consider an early supra at this point.

(Rockford drove an esprit but it had the heart of a formula, LOL. The premise was that a paycheck to paycheck PI would not have the fanciest car on the road. Hence a base model Firebird)

You and I think alike.   I too like the 260/280 Z and have disdain for the Miata.   Probably our testosterone levels are still too high 😄.

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, EmTee said:

Maybe dial-back the dosage?  :P

Ranking the best testosterone boosters of 2021 - BodyNutrition

I have a whole riff I could do here but I think this might be going in a bad direction.   I violated one of my cardinal rules saying anything bad about the Miata.   Everybody likes different stuff. 

• Like 2

Sitting in waiting room for my annual physical.  Hope they do not suggest I need the above bottle. 

That said, fun watching two guys I was next to at a light this morning.  Two tough looking hombres smoking away windows down in an older Prius- actually, it had dealer plates and they looked absolutely misrable! 😁😁😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Sitting in waiting room for my annual physical.  Hope they do not suggest I need the above bottle. 

That said, fun watching two guys I was next to at a light this morning.  Two tough looking hombres smoking away windows down in an older Prius- actually, it had dealer plates and they looked absolutely misrable! 😁😁😁

Steve.  I have no rule against making fun of a Prius.   In fact, I encourage it.

• Haha 3