Wayne Carini's 1961 Ford Starliner

"anything special to start it up" 

"nope, it's a Ford"

Good one.  They are good starters!  That goes for my '69 Merc. too. 🙂

• Like 1

Beautiful car! Thanks for posting the video, Steve. I wouldn't call that car a wolf in sheep's clothing as the interviewer said, but a wolf in beautiful thoroughbred clothing. The car has great proportions and Mr. Carini tactfully redirected the interviewer's attention to that after his comment.

The black paint and dog dishes do make the car look austere, however. I usually like a little more color in Starliners, but the black creates a great race-ready look. I'd love to have a Starliner ('61 or '60) someday.

• Like 1

My uncle Bruce had an exact brother to this car, right down to solid black throughout, 4-speed, tri-power 390 as a used car in 1966-'67 before he was drafted into the Army.   He bought it cheap because by then, anyone looking for performance was after a Fairlane or Mustang, full-sized performance cars were largely over with.  He took us for a ride, my brother and I were impressed how fast it was.  I'll have to ask Bruce who he sold it to and what became of it if he remembers.  The 1960-'61 Starliner was sweeping and sporty, we couldn't figure out why Ford dropped it for 1962-'63, only to correct that oversight with the 1963 1/2 fastback. 

• Like 2

Sounded like it cranked slower than the 390 Galaxies my Dad owned back in the 90's, but it is a very nicely preserved car.

That takes me back to the days when a friend would ask "Hey, have you seen the new undercover police car?".

"Oh, yeah. It's got the big engine in it too." Backed in off Main St. idling and coking up the spark plugs.

Nothing stood out like the undercover cop car.

• Haha 1