DVS Auto Transport (Legit?)

2 hours ago, Brass is Best said:

Did you do any research to see what is really at their Spokane location? Take a friend and be careful. Remember if the price of the car is too good it is always a scam.

My son bought a car out of state last year. The car was in CT. We drove up for the day to pick it up. No money up front and it was a legit dealer, but we were only about 75% sure it was legit before we got there.  The area of the town was well I will say less than what I had expected and a couple of members on here familiar with the area gave me a heads up. DEF take someone with you!!!

6 hours ago, yachtflame said:

Again, I thank you all. I have scheduled an inspection for the 10th of April at their location in Spokane. If it’s a ruse, I’m only out $520 plus a night in a hotel. Cheap insurance for the value of the car I’m looking at. We’ll see how it goes.

This is the second time I’ve done this innEA, last time in Tacoma and I love that car!

That is long ways out to hold a car that may be priced too good for a desirable or valuable car which could be "sold" from under you.

If you have given them any deposit, hold, hand money in any form like giftcard numbers, Western Union, Venmo, Family and Friends and even wire transfer you stand a good chance of showing up to a vacant office and they never show up.. This whole thing just sounds way to made up and sketchy..

I hope I am wrong, but like watching a cheesy "B" grade horror film I keep screaming on my inside for the hero of the film to not "open that door" at the end of the dark hall..

On 3/22/2024 at 5:41 PM, Crusty Trucker said:

Today, I drove slowly by 3800 N. Sullivan, Spokane Valley, front and back. This is an office strip, mostly empty, fronting 600+ acres of industrial park which was originally a WWII supply depot, now converted to civilian use. Covered by large warehouses, it now is home to 50 or more businesses. Nowhere on their directory appeared "DVS" in any way, shape or form. The list of companies can be found on on the internet under Spokane Industrial Park.

I would input the phone number of whomever you are talking with to search engines and see what comes up.

Maybe DVS is legit and has changed locations and all is well, but I'd make damn sure before parting with one red cent. 

For what it's worth: Two more addresses for Dvs Transport LLC, two western Massachusetts phone numbers and a DOT (US Department of Transportation) listing. 

Dvs Trans LLC favicon.ico
10224 W 9th Ave
Spokane, WA 99224

413-302-2440

thumbnail?panoid=wTAGMgBNdJ5-_CENHT1M6Q&cb_client=search.gws-prod.gps&w=408&h=240&yaw=9.354382&pitch=0&thumbfov=100

Company Overview

Dvs Trans LLC is an active DOT registered motor carrier operating under USDOT Number 3782974 and MC Number 1369682.

Total Trucks 1
Tractors Owned 1
Trailer Owned 1
Total Drivers 1
USDOT 3782974
MC NUMBER 1369682
MCS-150 Mileage Year 2022
MCS-150 DATE 20230525
MCS-150 MILEAGE 115450
Does Dvs Trans LLC transport Hazardous Material? No
Carrier Operation Interstate
Dvs Trans LLC in business since 20211215

Company Snapshot
horizonatal line
spacer.gif
DVS TRANS LLC
USDOT Number: 3782974
Other Information Options for this carrier
Carrier Information
Other Information for this Carrier
bullet_hp.gif SMS Results
bullet_hp.gif Licensing & Insurance

ID/Operations | Inspections/Crashes In US | Inspections/Crashes In Canada | Safety Rating

Carriers: If you would like to update the following ID/Operations information, please complete and submit form MCS-150 which can be obtained online or from your State FMCSA office. If you would like to challenge the accuracy of your company's safety data, you can do so using FMCSA's DataQs system.

USDOT Status
  • ACTIVE: The entity's US DOT number is active.
  • INACTIVE: Inactive per 49 CFR 390.19(b)(4); biennial update of MCS-150 data not completed.
  • OUT-OF-SERVICE: Carrier is under any type of out-of-service order and is not authorized to operate.
Operating Authority Status
  • AUTHORIZED FOR { Passenger, Property, HHG }: This will list the specific operating authorities the carrier (or broker) is allowed to operate.
  • NOT AUTHORIZED: The entity does not have any operating authority and/or is not authorized to engage in interstate, for-hire operations
  • OUT-OF-SERVICE: Carrier is under any type of out-of-service order and is not authorized to operate.
Out of Service Date
Indicates the date the company was ordered Out of Service. If there are multiple Out of Service orders, the earliest date will be displayed.

Please note:If there are multiple Out-of-Service orders, the earliest date will be displayed.

For help on the explanation of individual data fields, click on any field name or for help of a general nature go to SAFER General Help.

The information below reflects the content of the FMCSA management information systems as of 03/23/2024.

To find out if this entity has a pending insurance cancellation, please click here.

SAFER Layout
USDOT INFORMATION
Entity Type: CARRIER  
USDOT Status: ACTIVE   Out of Service Date: None
USDOT Number: 3782974  State Carrier ID Number:  
MCS-150 Form Date: 03/08/2024  MCS-150 Mileage (Year): 115,450 (2022) 
OPERATING AUTHORITY INFORMATION
Operating Authority Status: AUTHORIZED FOR Property

For Licensing and Insurance details click here.
MC/MX/FF Number(s): MC-1369682

COMPANY INFORMATION
Legal Name: DVS TRANS LLC 
DBA Name:  
Physical Address: 10620 W 12TH AVE APT 319
SPOKANE, WA   99224  
Phone: (413) 302-2440  
Mailing Address: 10620 W 12TH AVE APT 319
SPOKANE, WA   99224  
DUNS Number: -- 
Power Units: Drivers:
Operation Classification:
Operation Classification

X Auth. For Hire
  Exempt For Hire
  Private(Property)
  Priv. Pass. (Business)

Priv. Pass.(Non-business)
  Migrant
  U.S. Mail
  Fed. Gov't

State Gov't
  Local Gov't
  Indian Nation

Carrier Operation:
Carrier Operation

Intrastate Only (Non-HM)
Cargo Carried:
Cargo Carried

X General Freight
  Household Goods
  Metal: sheets, coils, rolls
  Motor Vehicles
  Drive/Tow away
  Logs, Poles, Beams, Lumber
  Building Materials
  Mobile Homes
  Machinery, Large Objects
  Fresh Produce

Liquids/Gases
  Intermodal Cont.
  Passengers
  Oilfield Equipment
  Livestock
  Grain, Feed, Hay
  Coal/Coke
  Meat
  Garbage/Refuse
  US Mail

Chemicals
  Commodities Dry Bulk
  Refrigerated Food
  Beverages
  Paper Products
  Utilities
  Agricultural/Farm Supplies
  Construction
  Water Well

Physical Address: 10620 W 12TH AVE APT 319
SPOKANE, WA   99224  
Phone: (413) 302-2440  
AF1QipOatAfyDY9D0tV6ExPsgwiyrtFsG6ysyGzEn2Bh=w408-h306-k-no
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guys, this isn’t my first rodeo. I’ve bought and sold many cars and have yet to be scammed. I haven’t given any form of deposit to hold the car. I figure if it were meant to be, it will happen. If the car is still available when I get home, I’ll fly out and take a look. If it’s not what I want, I’ll spend a couple days visiting friends on the “wrong coast”. I was just asking if anyone here has ever dealt with this outfit before. Kind of an easy question I thought.

I do appreciate all of you trying to protect me and you have all made very good suggestions. Just so you know, I’m not in the habit of buying anything much less a car in a mail order situation.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, yachtflame said:

Guys, this isn’t my first rodeo. I’ve bought and sold many cars and have yet to be scammed. I haven’t given any form of deposit to hold the car. I figure if it were meant to be, it will happen. If the car is still available when I get home, I’ll fly out and take a look. If it’s not what I want, I’ll spend a couple days visiting friends on the “wrong coast”. I was just asking if anyone here has ever dealt with this outfit before. Kind of an easy question I thought.

I do appreciate all of you trying to protect me and you have all made very good suggestions. Just so you know, I’m not in the habit of buying anything much less a car in a mail order situation.

"I’m wondering if anyone here has heard of DVS Auto Transport Co in Spokane, WA? They are supposed to be a dealer in classic cars and a transport company. I haven’t been able to reach them by phone and am wondering if it’s a reputable company or a scam. 
 And info would be greatly appreciated."

You asked for the help.  You got it.  

Seems strange you're now saying you didn't need it after all.  

Good luck with your purchase.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I understand Yachtflame's inquiry.  It sounds like he's

alert to scams, but wanted to double-check with all

his forum friends to make sure.  A seemingly good

opportunity might be tempting, and we are his strength.

To me, it's obvious that this is a scam.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Peter Gariepy said:

"

I’m wondering if anyone here has heard of DVS Auto Transport Co in Spokane, WA? They are supposed to be a dealer in classic cars and a transport company. I haven’t been able to reach them by phone and am wondering if it’s a reputable company or a scam. 
 And info would be greatly appreciated."

You asked for the help.  You got it.  

Seems strange you're now saying you didn't need it after all.  

Good luck with your purchase.

Well, I originally posted a week ago. Funny how much can change in a week!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yachtflame said:

Well, I originally posted a week ago. Funny how much can change in a week!

Well, in a week, no one on the forum seems to have had any contact, knowledge, experience with the said "transport".

However, seems that there has been various pictures of completely different buildings/properties where the address points to.

Doesn't appear any of the "contact" info to be consistent with any sort of above board real business. One search shows a one truck, one tractor, one trailer, one driver operation, sounds pretty skinny operation.. And yet, they are handling everything from contacting you, to showing to handling the money and title transfer for the "owner" that you don't get to speak to.. Not to mention the oil rig thing (there are not THAT many oil rigs in operation so the chances of that story being true isn't all that good..

Granted there may be tens of thousands of small one mule haulers operating making it possible that you are dealing with one of them. But at the same time there are most likely many more scammers in the world operating their scams than every single real legit independent and company transporters/haulers. Anyone can easily fake a business front, fake a website, fake pictures, fake phone numbers (voice over IP or VoIP Internet phones make it possible to get a number anywhere in the US but be used anywhere in the world for pennies a number) and heck yeah even fake customer reviews and testimonials.

I wonder also, if you do actually get to see the car, are THEY also going to insist THEY deliver it to YOUR address before collecting money? There are possibilities that the car exists, but it is possible it doesn't or the possibility of it being stolen with washed or forged papers is pretty high or they take your money and never show up at your address with it.

I wish you the best in this, but man, this whole thing just is so hokey and doesn't smell right.

• Like 1

I suppose its kind of our business, as YF brought up the topic, but I have not seen yet what kind of car and what the asking price is?  

One assumption is 'if it seems like a deal too good to be true...........'

46 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

I suppose its kind of our business, as YF brought up the topic, but I have not seen yet what kind of car and what the asking price is?  

One assumption is 'if it seems like a deal too good to be true...........'

Because I like his username and he is a regular poster I have not busted his b*lls about not posting pictures of the car for sale.   If he was a newbie asking the same question I would be pushing hard on telling us about the car.

Whatever content was provided by the seller usually tells the tale on its own.

• Like 1

A bear, I agree with your post. The owner is available to talk but through a satellite phone. I’ve done enough transatlantic deliveries that I understand the concept. Several passages have taken me that far north in order to avoid storms so I’m not overly concerned about that. I have friends on that coast so if the car can’t be seen or isn’t real, I’ll just go visiting.

It’s interesting to me that there was something the motivated you to post the question in the first place.  Everything that’s been posted suggests scam, but you are quite confident that it’s not.  At the end of the day it’s your time and money.  if you are meeting this company/person live, I’d definitely make sure someone knows where you’re going and I wouldn’t bring money to their location.  If you decide to exchange funds, I’d do it somewhere neutral and safe.  

I’m just curious, what about this suggests to you that it is a legit transaction?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yachtflame said:

The owner is available to talk but through a satellite phone.

Sat phone numbers can be "forwarded" and assigned to landline numbers and depending on how it is done, may show as the sat phone number on your end in caller ID if they call you. You can call the sat phone number provided and it can be forwarded to a landline number somewhere else.

The lines of legit/scam are often blurred when it comes to the usefulness of caller ids.

Here is a few possibilities on how this works..

https://support.bluecosmo.com/hc/en-us/articles/7266287013524-North-American-Forwarding-Numbers-for-Satellite-Phones-1-Service

https://www.wikihow.com/Call-a-Satellite-Phone-Number

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 6:44 AM, yachtflame said:

Again, I thank you all. I have scheduled an inspection for the 10th of April at their location in Spokane.

Wayne, please let us know how it goes.

We're rooting for you.  If this example

doesn't work out, may you find the type

of car you want from a good, caring owner!

• 2 weeks later...

I got scared off by the group here and dropped that one. Today I was going through emails that my wife opened but forgot to tell me. The seller had sent me two emails to see if I was still interested and another two days later saying it was sold. If it was a scam, why email me unless he’s running a “long scam”. But it was a drop head instead of roadster anyway and I’d prefer a roadster.

I have another in mind but the owner is old (older than me) and cantankerous. He won’t give a price but wants me to make an offer. I give him one and he says “we’re close” but won’t say how close! I could offer $15k or $50k and he’ll say “we’re getting close”.

Guess I’ll make an offer at the auction his wife will arrange after he’s gone. The guy has 64 cars and wants to sell a bunch but every price on every car is “we’re close”. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, yachtflame said:

I got scared off by the group here and dropped that one. Today I was going through emails that my wife opened but forgot to tell me. The seller had sent me two emails to see if I was still interested and another two days later saying it was sold. If it was a scam, why email me unless he’s running a “long scam”. But it was a drop head instead of roadster anyway and I’d prefer a roadster.

I have another in mind but the owner is old (older than me) and cantankerous. He won’t give a price but wants me to make an offer. I give him one and he says “we’re close” but won’t say how close! I could offer $15k or $50k and he’ll say “we’re getting close”.

Guess I’ll make an offer at the auction his wife will arrange after he’s gone. The guy has 64 cars and wants to sell a bunch but every price on every car is “we’re close”. 

If somebody is selling a car then they need to put a price on it.  Otherwise the buyer is just bidding against himself.   If somebody inquires about a car that is not for sale then different story.

So what was it that the oil rig guy was selling?

I got scared off by the group here and dropped that one. Today I was going through emails that my wife opened but forgot to tell me. The seller had sent me two emails to see if I was still interested and another two days later saying it was sold. If it was a scam, why email me unless he’s running a “long scam”.

Scams are about urgency and pressure tactics, some are patient and will continue to bate you one with the hopes you will eventually cave and bite.

Unless it was a "one of one" type car, there will be more out there to search for.

He is not willing to "part with them", most likely will never be and eventually will be family members to mop up the remaining stuff left.

Best you can do is offer what you are willing to spend, leave him with as good of feeling towards you and let him know that offer stands when he is ready to make it happen..

Then move on to the next cars you might find.

Discouraging? Yep, have that issue with my siblings, they are in control and won't part with anything and a lot of family stuff will never be divided as it should be until they are dead..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, alsancle said:

If somebody is selling a car then they need to put a price on it.  Otherwise the buyer is just bidding against himself.   If somebody inquires about a car that is not for sale then different story.

So what was it that the oil rig guy was selling?

He had a ‘56 Jaguar XK140 MC drophead. I really would prefer the roadster. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, yachtflame said:

The seller had sent me two emails to see if I was still interested and another two days later saying it was sold. If it was a scam, why email me unless he’s running a “long scam”.

As A. Bear noted, the "seller" was patient.

He figured he had a big fish on his line, and

was willing to play with it and reel it in!

I'm confident that you didn't miss a bargain,

or even a legitimate car.

10 hours ago, yachtflame said:

He had a ‘56 Jaguar XK140 MC drophead. I really would prefer the roadster. 

I don't know much about Jags, but there is some forums discussing production numbers if you haven't looked that could prove helpful..

https://forums.jag-lovers.com/t/xk-140-mc-se-production-numbers/355502/25

I suspect, there is more than one existing and with enough patience on your part you might find a legit owner eventually.

I wouldn't be too shocked or surprised if the contact you were working with pops up on your radar that the "buyer" backed out and the contact wants to sell to you.. Be wary if they do.. Nothing about that whole thing sounds right.

• Like 2