For Sale: 1950 Ford Custom Deluxe V8 Club Coupe, 58K miles w/OD - $21,000 - Port Jefferson, L.I.N.Y.  - Not Mine

For Sale: 1950 Ford Custom Deluxe V8 Club Coupe, 58K miles w/OD - $21,000 - Port Jefferson, L.I.N.Y. 

1950 ford for sale by owner - Port Jefferson Station, NY - craigslist
Seller's Description:

I have a 1950 Ford Shoebox Coupe for Sale asking $21,000 or OBO. Trades considered.
58,000 original miles, purchased from the original owner 3 years ago. If you're into old school survivor hotrods/ mild customs/ classis cars this is the one for you. A super clean, no rust southern car. This car is a time capsule top to bottom inside and out and is truly an honest original car that was lovingly cared for throughout its lifetime with a killer vintage vibe!!! Wearing new Firestone bias ply tires, a period correct, probably dealer installed visor and bumperettes. Everything is there including a spare tire, lug nut wrench, trunk mat, floor mat and more.
It looks like one original color repaint and the interior was redone, not sure when, but both are in very good condition. Chrome and stainless are in good to excellent condition as well.
This car has been recently serviced with new hoses, belts, wires, plugs, fluids and so on. It runs and drives excellently!!! Has overdrive as well !!! odometer: 58000.
Copy and paste in your email: c95d8f5ea5f535b492b85791e75e1c4a@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1950 Ford Custom Deluxe V8 Club Coupe.

'50 Ford Club Coupe LINY a.jpg

'50 Ford Club Coupe LINY b.jpg

'50 Ford Club Coupe LINY c.jpg

'50 Ford Club Coupe LINY d.jpg

'50 Ford Club Coupe LINY e.jpg

'50 Ford Club Coupe LINY f.jpg

'50 Ford Club Coupe LINY g.jpg

'50 Ford Club Coupe LINY h.jpg

'50 Ford Club Coupe LINY i.jpg

'50 Ford Club Coupe LINY j.jpg

'50 Ford Club Coupe LINY k.jpg

• Like 2

Where did those Dagmars come from?  They should probably go right back.

Missing light switch knob, but rare accessory steering wheel's gotta be worth something, but $21k for one of over 1,200,000 Ford passenger cars built that year?  On top of that, the '49's and '51's are nearly the same car and further ad to the available pool, each having had over 1,000,000 manufactured.

Sorry, no sale.

1 hour ago, Dave Wells said:

over 1,200,000 Ford passenger cars built that year? 

Rarity doesn’t denote value, popularity does. And these Fords were certainly popular…..

And it IS a genuine coupe.  😉

• Like 3

Looped hoses indicate bypassed heater / defroster, so they're probably suffering a leaking heater core.

It probably leaked onto the front floor (or carpet if added).

Why do owners ignore fixing these things

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Especially as simple as that add-on heater is to get at. Ford dealers installed them all the time.

Guess owner figures if it's not driven in cooler weather no need to repair it.

50 Cadillac wheelcovers? 

I'm not up on Shoebox values but a little time spent detailing and returning things to factory could result in a pretty nice Ford. Or if you like the look, drive and enjoy as is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This really brings back memories. Not enough for that asking price but memories none the less.  When a young boy our neighbor moved up from a scours colored 37 ford coupe to one of these pea green colored 50 fords. He drove that thing for years. The neighbor next to him drove a 50 Chev. coupe that was paper bag brown and washed it with kerosene. Leo drove the Ford until after I left for the Navy and the other guy drove that Chev. until they moved about the same time. Can't recall either having any problems with their cars. They were just bare bones transportation that did their job without complaint. 

Oh yah, the Chev. was setting outside one sunny day and the rear window just blew out of it. Hard to believe a car that old was sealed tight enough for pressure to do it.  

Edited by Fossil (see edit history)
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Fossil said:

the Chev. was setting outside one sunny day and the rear window just blew out of it. Hard to believe a car that old was sealed tight enough for pressure to do it. 

It may not have been built up pressure that caused the shattering. My father's '50 Buick was parked outside all day, six days a week in the sun while he was at work. I recall two different summers when, for no apparent reason the back glass shattered into a million pieces. It didn't fall out of the frame and there were no noticeable impact marks. I can't believe that sedan was air tight enough to cause the breakage due to pressure buildup. More than likely the expansion of the metal framework, even with the surrounding gaskets, compressed the glass and it shattered. Luckily, it never fell into the package tray or the back seat.

(not the Buick)

The rear windshield shattered on its own? | Drive Accord Honda Forums

• Like 1

Yah it's a strange phenomena. If I remember correctly there had been no damage to this one either. I should have worded it differently as I think most of the glass was still hanging in the hole.  

10 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Especially as simple as that add-on heater is to get at. Ford dealers installed them all the time.

Guess owner figures if it's not driven in cooler weather no need to repair it.

50 Cadillac wheelcovers? 

I'm not up on Shoebox values but a little time spent detailing and returning things to factory could result in a pretty nice Ford. Or if you like the look, drive and enjoy as is.

Look like original small caps with trim rings?

My grandfather had a '50 Ford in that same color, what I call pea green. I'm sure it has a fancier name. He traded it in for a Rambler around 1958. I hated that car. I wanted the old Shoebox Ford back. 

This particular example seems high priced, but like most sellers, I'm sure the owner will take offers. The engine compartment does look scruffy, and the next owner should address the no-heater situation and the reason why it's as it is. I well remember the push button starter. I spent a lot of time with my grandfather in that car, the way my grandson and I spend time in my Outback! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, roysboystoys said:

Look like original small caps with trim rings?

3 hours ago, rocketraider said:

At first I thought 51 or 52 small caps and rings but it looks like a full wheelcover to me. I'm viewing it on a phone so I can't zoom but so big.

These are stock '50 Ford "dog dish" caps.

1949 1950 FORD HUBCAP Wheel Cover Set 10 Silver Vintage

Edited by 7th Son (see edit history)
  • Like 1