For Sale: 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 - Inca Gold & White 2dr Club Sedan - Fort Johnson, NY - Not Mine

For sale on Facebook: 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 2-door Club Sedan in Fort Johnson, NY  -  $15,000 (reduced from $17,000)  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/291434216786903/-1957-Ford-Fairlane-500-2dr-Sedan

Seller's Description:

1957 Ford Fairlane 500 2-door Club Sedan

• Driven 1,324 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Yellow · Interior color: Yellow

'57 Ford Fairlane 500. $15,000

image.png.d3d4524c385671d1d8ef9460792dd629.png

image.png.7a7f9afe03a7aa8fead233b512bd9d73.png

image.png.6dc293a79347bc3dd0d43f348956e366.png

image.png.0072b5cb2eb12f6728f2f3b310aef602.png

image.png.3506b9faca87b001bdf1a814d455935a.png

image.png.e49bf2246149e872dd4df2b31f8b07c2.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update info (see edit history)
  • Like 5

It does have a Ford-O-Matic transmission and dual exhausts which means it could have the 312 cid 245 hp Thunderbird Special Y-8 engine. This car is the Fairlane 500 Club Sedan and it is nice to see that the two-tone is painted correctly. Agree that more information and pictures are needed. It is good to see that there are still 57 Fords out there besides the “Hide-Away-Hardtop” ones.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Is it safe to assume this Fairlane 500 is a step up from a Fairlane?  If that's the case it's kind of ironic that my 57 Pontiac Chieftain/Catalina (lowest model) will bring about 8 grand more than this Fairlane 500 which I think is the top Fairlane model.  This Fairlane and the 48 Olds fastback would make 2 great cars to own at great prices. 

Edited by deac (see edit history)

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 - Inca Gold & White 2dr Club Sedan - Fort Johnson, NY - Not Mine

Beautiful car from what is shown, but I would suggest that the seller should buy another roll of film and take some pics of the trunk, engine compartment and the interior.  GLWTS

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TerryB said:

Good looking car.  Needs more details for sure.  I liked these better than the 1957 Chevy.

1957 car-buying public did too. They saw the 57 Ford for what it was- a mostly all-new car with modern styling and engineering. They also saw the 57 Chevy for the facelift it was. Yet the Chevrolet soon eclipsed the Ford in popularity.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, deac said:

Is it safe to assume this Fairlane 500 is a step up from a Fairlane?  If that's the case it's kind of ironic that my 57 Pontiac Chieftain/Catalina (lowest model) will bring about 8 grand more than this Fairlane 500 which I think is the top Fairlane model.  

500 was Ford's top model. I wish I knew why the 50s GM cars always bring price premium over their Ford counterparts.

17 hours ago, 1957Birdman said:

It is good to see that there are still 57 Fords out there besides the “Hide-Away-Hardtop” ones.

Well said. There are several cars I'll walk right past at a show or cruise night. Retractables are one of them. It's not that I don't appreciate their engineering but I've seen too many.

1st-gen Camaros are even worse, and those are nothing special by any stretch. Yet I know people who are totally convinced GM never made any other car.🙄

• Like 3

That 283ci in the Chevy was the secret I believe.  Quite a good performing engine that was easily adapted to performance mods available.  Regardless, the Ford styling was much more attractive.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

500 was Ford's top model. I wish I knew why the 50s GM cars always bring price premium over their Ford counterparts.

Well said. There are several cars I'll walk right past at a show or cruise night. Retractables are one of them. It's not that I don't appreciate their engineering but I've seen too many.

1st-gen Camaros are even worse, and those are nothing special by any stretch. Yet I know people who are totally convinced GM never made any other car.🙄

I agree. When it comes to GM, I have always favored Buick, Olds, and Pontiac, even though I have owned four Corvettes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rocketraider said:

They also saw the 57 Chevy for the facelift it was.

My Cousin bought a new 57 Chev. hardtop. It was white with red interior. I asked him about the car and he said it had more rattles than anything he'd owned. Said he had to stick little pieces of matchbook covers under nearly all the chrome trim on the dash to quiet things down. He's still driving GM's though. 

I'll take the 57 Ford thank you very much.

• Like 2

Beautiful car. My first thought seeing it was of Robert Mitchum in the movie Thunder Road. Would be nice to see more photos of the interior and the underside. Good luck with your sale. It would be a good daily driver.

• Like 2

Last night I watched Twilight Zone's 1961 "The Prime Mover" episode with Buddy Ebsen as a man with telekinetic powers.

Early in the episode there was a car crash where he revealed that power by telekinetically turning the flipped car upright.

The crash scene itself was the Thunder Road 57 Ford's crash into the electrical substation. No big deal reusing stock film footage, a lot of film production companies did that, but I wondered where the footage of that 57 being righted came from. It had the 57 NC license plate and everything. Only thing I can figure is someone filmed the crash recovery scene with thoughts of using it somewhere down the road.