For Sale: 1920 Cadillac Type 59 4dr Sedan, 16K miles - Project - $25,000 - Watkins Glen, NY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1920 Cadillac Type 59 4dr Sedan, 16K miles - Project - $25,000 - Watkins Glen, NY

1920 Cadillac 59 - Cars & Trucks - Watkins Glen, New York | Facebook Marketplace | Facebook
Seller's Description:

This car is a precious one-of-a-kind relic. It has a totally correct original interior. It also has a Fatman steering wheel that retracts for ease of entry. 8-cylinder, Aluminum body and garage kept. It ran when it was parked but has not been driven or started in several years. We are selling it to settle an estate.
Log-in to Facebook Marketplace to get contact information if interested.

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1920 Cadillac Type 59 4dr Sedan.

'20 Cadillac NY a.jpg

'20 Cadillac NY b.jpg

'20 Cadillac NY c.jpg

'20 Cadillac NY d.jpg

'20 Cadillac NY e.jpg

'20 Cadillac NY f.jpg

'20 Cadillac NY g.jpg

'20 Cadillac NY h.jpg

'20 Cadillac NY i.jpg

'20 Cadillac NY j.jpg

'20 Cadillac NY k.jpg

'20 Cadillac NY l.jpg

'20 Cadillac NY m.jpg

'20 Cadillac NY n.jpg

'20 Cadillac NY o.jpg

• Like 2

Very cool, I like it a lot.  I hope someone on here is close by, can go check it out with an open mind and be pleasantly surprised.   Settling estate and asking 25K could mean it sells for much less if no one is knocking on the door and the heirs want to tidy things up ASAP. 

• Like 2

You don't see many 4-dr cadillac sedans of the late teens and 20s. More than half of production of those years were 7 passenger touring cars and the rest were divided among the other body styles.

• Like 3

I love that interior! It reminds me of the original interior in a friend's 1925 Stearns Knight many years ago!

Lots of the big Cadillac touring cars around. And I have seen several opera coupes, a few two passenger coupes of the late 1910s and early 1920s. However, regular sedans do not seem to become common until about 1924 and later. Really neat car! It makes me wish I could afford it somehow, in spite of the fact at this stage of my life I really do not want to fool with a V8.

Cool car. Value is probably shockingly low......which is sad but just a fact of todays market condition. 

• Like 3

Since I am a generalist, I don't have to own a Cadillac, so I am comparing to Buicks, and other nice cars on here or that have been on here and in forum discussion and $25,000 seems too high for most.  Again, I point to what Matt Harwood said about the wealthy guys who make this amount in interest in less than an hour.  

BUT, I don't see them clamoring to buy closed Cadillacs from this era needing at least another $25,000 in mechanical sorting.  

A friend had the identical car with about the same mileage. It had an all aluminum body with a solid aluminum top. It has a very drumming effect on the inside when going down the road which got louder with speed. I went for one 20 mile ride in it and my ears rang for the next day.

• Haha 1