1963 Pontiac Grand Prix

This one is currently listed on BaT

1963 Pontiac Grand Prix

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1963-pontiac-grand-prix-11/

This 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix was refurbished under prior ownership and is powered by a 389ci V8 paired with a three-speed automatic transmission. Finished in silver over red vinyl upholstery, the car is equipped with a four-barrel carburetor, eight-lug 14” wheels, power steering, power brakes, dual exhaust, a center console, and a push-button AM/FM radio. The car was acquired by the current owner in 2011, and service performed in 2023 has included rebuilding the starter and replacing the transmission fluid. This Grand Prix is now offered at no reserve by the seller on behalf of the owner with manufacturer’s literature, workshop manuals, a car cover, and a clean Kentucky title.

The Grand Prix was updated for the 1963 model year with revised sheetmetal, a concave rear window, and a striated tail panel and taillights. This example left the factory finished in two-tone Cameo Ivory and Silvermist Gray (CCD) and was repainted in silver under prior ownership. Exterior details include stacked headlights, a fender-mounted side mirror, and chrome bumpers.

Eight-lug 14″ wheels are mounted over finned aluminum brake drums and wear 225/70 BFGoodrich Silvertown Radial red-line tires showing 2007 production date codes. The car is equipped with power steering and power-assisted brakes.

The cabin features front bucket seats and a rear bench trimmed in red vinyl with a color-coordinated lower dashboard, door panels, and carpets. Woodgrain trim accents the steering wheel and the dash, and additional appointments include a push-button AM/FM radio, a clock, a lockable glove compartment and center console, front lap belts, and clear rubber floor mats. Wear on the driver’s seat cushion is shown up close in the photo gallery below.

The two-spoke steering wheel has a chrome horn ring, and the transparent portions of the rim are yellowed and cracked. Instrumentation consists of a sweeping 120-mph speedometer and gauges for alternator output, fuel level, and manifold vacuum. The five-digit odometer shows 47k miles, approximately 100 of which have been added under current ownership. Power is sent to the rear wheels through a three-speed automatic transmission, the fluid for which was replaced in 2023. True mileage is unknown.

The 389ci V8 is equipped with a Carter four-barrel carburetor and a dual exhaust system. The fuel pump is said to have been replaced and the most recent oil change performed in 2020, and the starter was rebuilt in 2023. The seller notes that the car requires extended cranking to start after sitting for extended periods.

.This is not my car and I have no stake in the sale!

image.png.11434920bf21feba46e60e9b889d5df5.png

image.png.ac8f147819737326e8d46f327db1805c.png

image.png.b869d7931b96878cb7119965ff55092d.png

image.png.f11f0fb98b9c574f0dad238b479e598b.png

image.png.53b919fe872f0cdc8c11395aa6aa52db.png

image.png.5dc677f336d0926f444efc3fcf02e685.png

image.png.a748f64916d71bf15937456029a9ddcb.png

• Like 4

I was going to say the same - I think it's better without the white top.  Nice looking car, but the air cleaner should be black and the alternator should be silver.  The '63 through '66 big Pontiacs were all outstanding cars and handsome designs in my opinion.

• Like 3

Though I really like the Buick Rivieras,  I like these GP's better...

I don't know what they were thinking when they painted the alternator black. I can sort of see the air cleaner mistake but not the alternator. Also what's with engine color?  A black engine is not correct...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EmTee said:

I was going to say the same - I think it's better without the white top.  Nice looking car, but the air cleaner should be black and the alternator should be silver.  The '63 through '66 big Pontiacs were all outstanding cars and handsome designs in my opinion.

I would think the motor should be some sort of shade of blue also.

Beautifully designed car IMO. Small items to take care of, such as steering wheel, air cleaner etc. My best friend had this car in red and white soon after we got out of high school. It was the go-to cruiser. Should make the new owner very happy. GLWTS

To me, a 'stacked headlight' Pontiac, whether full-size B-body or intermediate A-body, screams the '60s.  Even Ford had to acknowledge the styling success.  ;)

image.png.2b9ff4ec7e2e317ff7ea1f3519b677a1.png

image.png.4db6ebae5b229388b581872aaa19666b.png