For Sale: 1968 Imperial Crown Coupe - "Needs to go" - "Beautiful and super clean body, Runs excellent, Fully loaded" - Ellington, CT - Not Mine - 4/18 Reduced: Now $10,000 - 4/28 Deleted

For sale on Facebook: 1968 Imperial Crown 2-door Hardtop Coupe in Ellington, CT  -  $12,500  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

On 4/18, Seller reduced price to $10,000 and relisted on Facebook

Link to relist: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/383324271335411/-1968-Imperial-Crown-Coupe

Seller's Description:

1968 Imperial Crown 2-door Hardtop Coupe

• 2 owners
  • Driven 43,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Yellow · Interior color: White
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

1968 Chrysler Imperial Crown Coupe. Pretty rare to find in a 2 door. Just removed from long term storage collection. Completely tuned up, fuel system gone thru and runs excellent. 440 cubic inch, 727 transmission. Body is beautiful and super clean, all gaps are nice, no rust or rot issues anywhere. Frame, floors and trunk are spotless. Interior is in very good condition although seats need a cleaning. Fully loaded with power everything including trunk. Has AC and auto pilot. Will need a few small things to be road ready. Located in Connecticut. No trades have to many cars and not enough storage. Asking $12,500.

See walk-around video.

It is the first "photo" in the Facebook ad.

image.png.3ea1adcfc131702b8d35dd37e9a847fa.png

image.png.bbe0815767da4d2a6a1452245c9b3d3c.png

image.png.6cceb72202b7af1e46a7ca965331650a.png

image.png.2e4bb51519f25098cc2824d1e43bbe86.png

image.png.a017e81e520388cded0b67658828d45a.png

image.png.72a7b6f322692cf013946f5c34684b9d.png

image.png.9c73f9d7b75b05d462f1ecfa12a1151f.png

image.png.aaccda7a4329b5a4d1233111b36e2620.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now there's a trunk that would take the best shopper two days to fill. 

The only down side I can see to this car is the seats. Really too bad they didn't hold up better. The rest of the car is beautiful. 

• Like 1

I'm out of space, and should really be cutting back, anyway-

thankfully I'm not close-by, as this would be a fine cruiser for those cross-country "newer car" tours

• Like 3

11 hours ago, The 55er said:

makes you wonder what kind of repairs are still needed.

There you go bringing me back to reality again. Have you ever thought about working in a bank? You could save them millions. 

• Haha 2

I used to own a 1968 Imperial. When you see a car that looks as nice as this yellow one you have to wonder what might be wrong with it so that it can't be driven and enjoyed. Ad says it needs a few small things fixed. I bought mine 20+ years ago, it was a nice clean 60K mile rust-free sedan parked a few blocks down the street from me that was being sold as part of an estate. It ran but needed some things sorted out. The usual little stuff like electrical connections, PW motors and split vacuum hoses were all easy fixes but these Imperials have some peculiarities some folks might not be aware of. The 1967-early 1969 Imperial front disc brakes are of the Budd 4-piston caliper type and the parts for them are special and aren't readily available. In the pre-internet days I had a heck of a time just finding the pads. I suppose there are specialized companies that can the rebuild the calipers if needed but I'm sure it's an expensive fix today. My second big problem was a loose steering idler arm, an IMPERIAL-ONLY item from about 1967-1973. The idler arms from the other more common big C-bodies (New Yorkers, Monacos, Furys etc.) are readily available but aren't the same. I couldn't find a new replacement arm anywhere. My understanding was none of the aftermarket companies like  Moog or TRW ever made replacements and after the NOS Chrysler parts stock was exhausted, that was it. I bought two used ones and they both worked for a while but neither was a permanent fix. A mechanic friend thought he could fix the problem by drilling a hole in the arm and injecting some kind of a super rock hard space age epoxy-type concoction in there but that wasn't permanent either. And......back in the day another friend of mine had a turquiose 1967 Imperial convertible. By the time it was ten years old, it had some very serious rust issues here in the salt belt.  My intent isn't to be negative toward 1967-1968 Imperials, I really liked mine when I was able to keep it operable and on the road. With about a dozen similar Imperials  linked to the "Not Mine" Forums recently, they're a pretty popuar item here. I'm just pointing out a few of the problems I had with mine. Again this was 20+ years ago and maybe there are some easier modern solutions to these troublesome problems today. If there are I'd love to hear about them. Anyway, certainly a nice looking car and GLWTS. 

• Thanks 3

On 1/2/2024 at 7:27 PM, alsancle said:

Cool!!!

On 1/2/2024 at 10:09 PM, Gearheadengineer said:

That’s a beauty. And far too close to me. 

Might be the same yellow as my first drivable car, a ‘68 Valiant. 

I AGREE !!  I'm already going on this one in my head : clean up engine bay, degrease and paint engine and accessories properly, new hood insulation, fix the A/C which always needs a bunch of new stuff, Pull the interior out, scrub and dye the seats which will NOT look like new leather- but will be greatly improved, new carpet, replace the wood grain on the dash and door panels. etc etc 

• Like 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1968 Imperial Crown Coupe - "Beautiful and super clean body, Runs excellent" - "Fully loaded, From long term storage collection, 2-owners" - Ellington, CT - Not Mine - 3/18 Deleted
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1968 Imperial Crown Coupe - "Beautiful and super clean body, Runs excellent" - "Fully loaded, Needs to go" - Ellington, CT - Not Mine - 4/18 Reduced

On 4/18, Seller reduced price to $10,000 and relisted on Facebook  -  1968 Imperial Crown 2-door Hardtop Coupe in Ellington, CT  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information

Link to relist: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/383324271335411/-1968-Imperial-Crown-Coupe

Seller's Description:

1968 Imperial Crown 2-door Hardtop Coupe

• 2 owners
  • Driven 43,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Yellow · Interior color: White

Price reduced to move.....'68 Imperial just out of long term storage collection. 440 cubic inch motor that runs excellent, 727 transmission. Body is beautiful, no rust or rot whatsoever, has one small ding in hood. Interior is in good shape overall, seats have some wear but not all torn up. Frame, floors and trunk are damn near spotless. Car has just 43K original miles. Will need tires as these are old bias ply but are like new, and power window switch on drivers side. Needs to go I have other projects I'm focusing on. Located in Connecticut.

See walk-around video.

It is the first "photo" in the Facebook ad.

image.png.44b4bd376deb36288c4a2c270d2c4e26.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1968 Imperial Crown Coupe - "Needs to go" - "Beautiful and super clean body, Runs excellent, Fully loaded" - Ellington, CT - Not Mine - 4/18 Reduced: Now $10,000
On 3/19/2024 at 12:36 AM, 6T-FinSeeker said:

On 3/18, Seller deleted the Facebook ad.

10 hours ago, 6T-FinSeeker said:

On 4/18, Seller reduced price to $10,000 and relisted on Facebook 

This is a good illustration of what we sometimes see:

Merely deleting an ad doesn't necessarily mean that

a car has been sold.  So to anyone who likes a particular

car:  Keep your hopes up and contact the seller when

contact information is available!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 6:08 PM, Terry Y said:

replace the wood grain on the dash and door panels. etc etc 

That's not woodgrain. It's a horrible bronze veneer that deteriorated in a very ugly way. It was a bad one year only idea. The '67 had a lovely woodgrain. I think the front end was also poorly executed update of the '67, which was better looking IMO. 

• Thanks 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1968 Imperial Crown Coupe - "Needs to go" - "Beautiful and super clean body, Runs excellent, Fully loaded" - Ellington, CT - Not Mine - 4/18 Reduced: Now $10,000 - 4/28 Deleted