Paul's Chrome Plating Evans City, PA - Permanently Closed?

Every customer had received their down payment monies in full. Some customers received partial refunds due to some of the parts being finished. Refunds were given to parts that were unfinished. If a job was not in production and they had a deposit, they received a full refund. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Stainless Revival said:

Ok. I understand that.  It I don’t know why this was directed towards me. And also, Paul’s Chrome did NOT file for bankruptcy. 

How do you know?  And if they are returning all deposits what does that mean?  It means they are going out of business.    That is technically different from Bankruptcy but that’s all you needed to say.  

I said they did NOT file bankruptcy. That was mentioned in one the early on posts. I know first hand because I have been an employee of Paul’s for the past 20 years. I am standing here inside the building as we speak finishing some polish only jobs. Yes. Paul’s went out of business. There is another shop out there claiming they took over Paul’s Chrome. That is not the case. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

14 minutes ago, Stainless Revival said:

I said they did NOT file bankruptcy. That was mentioned in one the early on posts. I know first hand because I have been an employee of Paul’s for the past 20 years. I am standing here inside the building as we speak finishing some polish only jobs. Yes. Paul’s went out of business. There is another shop out there claiming they took over Paul’s Chrome. That is not the case. 

Thank you for your honest response to this issue!  Sounds like Pauls Chrome plating is trying as hard as he can to make things right.  Some people just don't get it.

I hope you do well in your stainless business.

• Like 7

You may be right. And if you want to forward those posts to me or those people directly to me, I will do everything I can to locate these missing pieces? Some people paid cash or check, some credit cards. I can assure you that whoever paid cash or check is going to receive their money back any day now and chargebacks on credit cards have been made, but Paul does not want to keep anybody’s parts.  Paul’s Chrome has no use for anybody’s miscellaneous pieces. This is all due to part of the problem. Inexperience, plain and simple. As I said earlier, these things take time. I mean Paul’s only closed their doors a month and a half ago. I am personally still there every day, and would be happy to return any missing parts to whoever they belong to. I am trying to build my own business off of Paul’s chrome, outstanding reputation over the years. we have always stood behind our work and do not want to have a bad reputation going forward. But unfortunately you cannot please everybody all of the time.

Edited by Stainless Revival (see edit history)
  • Like 9

I haven't had chrome done in about four years, but I use a company out of Canada called Cambridge Custom Chrome and we've used them on all of our cars for the last 20 years.  Cambridge processes chrome with chemicals that have been banned in the US.  They really do good work and they usually set up in the Red Field at Hershey.  My dad and I had dealt with three or four different platers, found Cambridge and stuck with them.  Ironically anytime I was at a meet and saw a car on the showfield from Canada I'd ask them who they used and most of them told me Cambridge as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stainless Revival,

I have sent you a private note looking for help to retrieve my parts from Paul's shop. Anything you could do to help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PMac said:

Stainless Revival,

I have sent you a private note looking for help to retrieve my parts from Paul's shop.

Newcomers to the forum cannot respond by

Private Message.  It's for security, so spammers

can't join and cause disruptions.  I don't know

whether Mr. Stainless can receive the messages, though.

You might give him your phone number so he can call you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a follow-up to a previous post. At Hershey, I gave Jim two Studebaker Avanti valve covers for plating, along with $500.00 cash. I received them back in March, but the plating is so bad that they can't be used on a car, they are worse than when I gave him the covers. At this point, I will have to get them replated again.

VC2.jpg

21 minutes ago, Bob Ziff said:

This is a follow-up to a previous post. At Hershey, I gave Jim two Studebaker Avanti valve covers for plating, along with $500.00 cash. I received them back in March, but the plating is so bad that they can't be used on a car, they are worse than when I gave him the covers. At this point, I will have to get them replated again.

VC2.jpg

That's  a real shame. You know chrome is bad when glaring defects show up in a picture. Sounds like no recourse, either

3 hours ago, Stainless Revival said:

Yes he has them at the shop. I will

have him call you. 

Hi. I gave 2 barracuda bumpers for Jim to chrome for me at the end of November.  Do you have any idea what happened to them.  Dave b2bdodgetruck@hotmail.com