For Sale: 1966 Mercedes Benz 250SE 2dr Hardtop, 43K miles, manual shift - Project - $12,500 - Brooklyn, NY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1966 Mercedes Benz 250SE 2dr Hardtop, 43K miles - Project - $12,500 - Brooklyn, NY

1966 mercedes benz 250se for sale by owner - Brooklyn, NY - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Unfortunately it's time to let this beauty go to a better home. It's an all original car inside is perfect but the outside needs TLC. I hate that I have to sell but I won't neglect it anymore!!  A lot to list but I'll be happy to answer all questions. VERY LOW MILES 43??? MILES. A real diamond in the rough!! Rare model with sunroof and AC. Please email me and leave a phone number. Thank you so much and have an amazing day!! Must sell!! transmission: manual
Copy and paste in your email: f90bda21ab9a398c893169cb15383af8@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 Mercedes Benz 250SE 2dr Hardtop, 43K miles - Project.

'66 Mercedes Benz 250SE NYC a.jpg

'66 Mercedes Benz 250SE NYC b.jpg

'66 Mercedes Benz 250SE NYC c.jpg

'66 Mercedes Benz 250SE NYC d.jpg

'66 Mercedes Benz 250SE NYC e.jpg

'66 Mercedes Benz 250SE NYC ea.jpg

'66 Mercedes Benz 250SE NYC f.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, B Jake Moran said:

Why do they ask such a high starting price?  

Check the prices of good examples of these 250SE/280SE cabriolets and hardtop coupes, that's what affects the prices of cars like this unfortunate one. 

Also factor in the seller is in a high cost-of-living area. $12k in NYC is $8k everywhere else.

Seems the least he could do is wash the grime off it so it would present better.

Low production and miles notwithstanding, the purchase price would be only the down payment. To even imagine the cost of putting this car right is terrifying. The advantage is MB probably still supports it with factory parts.

• Like 1

Having owned a 1966 M-Benz (many years ago) I was so happy to be able to order parts from the local dealer. It was a SL convertible model. After losing the keys I took the registration into the dealer to show my ownership of the car they had new keys shipped overnight from Germany to Canada for me.

That was in the 90's. I couldn't afford to restore one now, but if I could this one shown here would be at the top of my list.