For Sale: 1949 Dodge Meadowbrook 4dr Sedan, 82K miles - $6,950 - Milton, VT - Not Mine - Major Price Reduction to $4,500: 7-5-2024. - SOLD!!!!

For Sale: 1949 Dodge Meadowbrook 4dr Sedan, 82K miles - $6,950 - Milton, VT - Major Price Reduction to $4,500: 7-5-2024. See New Link Below. SOLD!!!!

1949 dodge meadowbrook for sale - Milton, VT - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1949 Dodge Meadowbrook Sedan Flat Head 6 Cylinder, 3 Speed Fluid Drive Standard, Undercarriage is not rusted, Body and Interior are nice for a 74-year-old car. Drove it over 50 miles does 65 on the highway very nicely. odometer: 82590
Contact: (802) 343-2962 Dealer, 550 Route 7 south, Milton, VT
Copy and paste in your email: fc89ad08602e321f800f48385afc7b6b@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1949 Dodge Meadowbrook 4dr Sedan.

'49 Dodge Meadowbrook VT a.jpg

'49 Dodge Meadowbrook VT b.jpg

'49 Dodge Meadowbrook VT c.jpg

'49 Dodge Meadowbrook VT d.jpg

'49 Dodge Meadowbrook VT e.jpg

'49 Dodge Meadowbrook VT f.jpg

'49 Dodge Meadowbrook VT g.jpg

'49 Dodge Meadowbrook VT h.jpg

'49 Dodge Meadowbrook VT i.jpg

'49 Dodge Meadowbrook VT j.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
SOLD!!! Major Price Reduction to $4,500: 7-5-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)

I’ll give Ford the styling nod plus the flat head V8.  The Chrysler were as dependable as an anvil but struggled in the styling department thanks to Mr. Keller’s view on what automobiles should look like.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, TerryB said:

The Chrysler were as dependable as an anvil ...

And looked like one, too! 😆 As Terry says, Chrysler's styling was governed by K.T. Keller, who believed a man should be able to wear his hat while driving his car (and maybe even a top hat).  Keller and Chrysler styling in general were badly stung by the failure of the Airflow, and conservative designs were the rule from the mid-thirties until the arrival of the Forward Look in 1955.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TerryB said:

I’ll give Ford the styling nod plus the flat head V8.  The Chrysler were as dependable as an anvil but struggled in the styling department thanks to Mr. Keller’s view on what automobiles should look like.

Old K.T. had a saltier comment about his car's styling and its purpose: "We build cars for people to ride in, not piss over."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mr. Keller was from a town not far from where I live now, Mt. Joy PA.  I had found an old pin back button at a flea market for a welcoming home party the town had thrown for him some time in the 1950s.  The seller of the button had no idea who he was so I got the button very cheap.

• Like 3

The two doors were much less stogy looking. especially the Cornets with the slanted B pillar. 

• Like 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1949 Dodge Meadowbrook 4dr Sedan, 82K miles - $6,950 - Milton, VT - Not Mine - Major Price Reduction to $4,500: 7-5-2024.
Posted (edited)

Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $4,500: 7-5-2024. - SOLD!!!!

1949 dodge meadowbrook for sale - Milton, VT - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1949 Dodge Meadowbrook Sedan Flat Head 6-Cylinder, 3 Speed Fluid Drive Standard, Undercarriage is not rusted, Body and Interior are nice for a 74-year-old car. Drove it over 50 miles does 65 on the highway very nice Car has Pennsylvania Title. Car is original other than upgraded Aluminum Radiator, Battery Tender, and Battery Shutoff, odometer: 82590.
Contact: (802) 343-2962 Dealer, 550 Route 7 south, Milton, VT
Copy and paste in your email: a55408ee3f423df3862d34a40d3d0f81@sale.craigslist.org

Edited by 58L-Y8
SOLD!!! (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Car is too far gone to restore, a new interior alone would cost more than the car is worth. Much of the stainless trim is damaged. Replace the heater core & windlace around the front doors and drive it as a beater if that's your thing. No one wants to spend $25K on a car that's worth $6K after you're finished with it. And you might want to figure out why it needs a battery tender hooked up all the time. 

• Like 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1949 Dodge Meadowbrook 4dr Sedan, 82K miles - $6,950 - Milton, VT - Not Mine - Major Price Reduction to $4,500: 7-5-2024. - SOLD!!!!