The "I thought I had heard everything" thread for today

carbking

15 hours ago, zipdang said:

When CDs for music were first coming out, I stopped by the local shop where a young lady was standing at the counter. I asked her if she had either the Beatle's Blue or Red Albums. She went back to look and  returned asking if the White Album would do.

All 3 were amongst my favorites! I think I was partial to the blue one, LOL.

9 hours ago, 8E45E said:

An excellent comeback on her part!!

Not one of those albums were officially titled by the predominant color on the cover.   The "white album" is simply self-titled, 'The Beatles', while the "red" and "blue" albums were early and later 'greatest hits' compilations.  

Craig

I knew that, but she didn't! Not even sure she knew who the Beatles were!

• Haha 2

On 11/26/2023 at 10:12 AM, TAKerry said:

That reminds me of one time digging footers. It was in a town that supplied gas to the buildings with underground lines. The gas co. by pure coincidence was working on a connection. All of the sudden we heard a loud hiss, the gas guys scrambling in all directions. One came over told us they had a leak and to be still for a few minutes. One of the laborers sat along the side of the ditch and pulled out his cig. pack! DUH. AND this was an addition to the fire department!!

Part of my hometown literally blew up last month because the gas/power company hit a line while excavating to replace the same exact line. It made national news... although they referred to us as just outside NYC, when we are an hour and a half north. 

Amazingly no one was killed but I believe some are still hospitalized. 

Getting back to the crazy car related stuff we've heard, a personal favorite of mine (and I'm certainly not the only one that's heard this):

[Someone looking at my old Corvette] "I had one just like it myself...back when they used steel bodies."

[Me, not sure what to say]: "Huh...that's a pretty rare car!"

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A guy came in on Monday and asked me to make a pulley to fit his wind generator where the propeller has been.  He said he was going to make a "perpetual generator" by running it with an electric motor.  

I didn't ask him to elaborate.

• Haha 7

• 5 months later...
On 11/29/2023 at 5:52 PM, nat said:

A guy came in on Monday and asked me to make a pulley to fit his wind generator where the propeller has been.  He said he was going to make a "perpetual generator" by running it with an electric motor.  

I didn't ask him to elaborate.

He was back yesterday with bicycle sprockets.

Apparently it's still a great idea but he had the small pulley where the big one should have been.

• Haha 3