For Sale: 1946 DeSoto Custom S11 4dr Sedan, “Lady Gray” - $18,500 - Camano Island, WA - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $17,000: 12-7-2023:

For Sale: 1946 DeSoto Custom S11 4dr Sedan, “Lady Gray” - $18,500 - Camano Island, WA - Still Available, Price Reduced to $17,000: 12-7-2023: See New Link Below:

1946 desoto custom for sale by owner - Camano Island, WA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

VERY RARE, 1946 DeSoto Custom S11 four door. Flathead 6, Fluid Drive transmission. 6-volt positive ground electrical system. Mechanically sound. Runs great. Very clean. good two-tone paint. NO RUST. Straight body. No fillers. Many new parts. All-period correct "new old stock". Plus, extra parts. Newer tires + new spare. This car is turn-key!
Copy and paste in your email:  a9819cf0787d35a891cc3013d043ef2e@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1946 DeSoto Custom S11 4dr Sedan.

'46 DESOTO CUSTOM WA a.jpg

'46 DESOTO CUSTOM WA b.jpg

'46 DESOTO CUSTOM WA c.jpg

'46 DESOTO CUSTOM WA d.jpg

'46 DESOTO CUSTOM WA e.jpg

'46 DESOTO CUSTOM WA f.jpg

'46 DESOTO CUSTOM WA g.jpg

'46 DESOTO CUSTOM WA h.jpg

'46 DESOTO CUSTOM WA i.jpg

'46 DESOTO CUSTOM WA j.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $17,000: 12-7-2023: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 4

This looks like a very nice DeSoto with an excellent original interior, particularly the dash.  As as been said many times on this forum, these 40's MoPars are great runners, simple to maintain and very dependable.  However, despite its originality, the price seems a bit optimistic for a 4-door.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It looks great and the dash is spectacular, although better pictures of the front seat would help.  The two tone is nice too, since it kind of livens it up.  I like that era Mopar and I think a DeSoto is one of the more interesting of them.  The price is all the money for a sedan, but it’s one of the nicest I’ve seen and the colors help.  The 41 Cadillac 63 on here is more car for a lot less money, but getting that one to this condition would cost a lot.  

• Like 2

Great looking car in a condition not often seen here.  Price might be on the higher side but the car appears to be needing very little if any immediate attention.  Color combo is a big plus in the visual department.  Seller would be better off removing the interior “clutter” for pictures.

• Like 4

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1946 DeSoto Custom S11 4dr Sedan, “Lady Gray” - $18,500 - Camano Island, WA - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $17,000: 12-7-2023:

Certainly a nice car but is it actually worth $17K, that seems like all the money to me and then some. A few questions for the 40s Mopar/DeSoto experts out there.......First the paint scheme, were the standard everyday commonplace 1946 DeSoto Custom 4-door sedans (NOT the Suburban & Traveler-type vehicles) available from the factory with two-tone paint schemes like that or is that a custom touch by the current owner? It just kinda looks out of place. If so, where were the  actual paint colors divided? Where exactly on the cowl? Did the roof color stop at the drip rail or did it extend down below the window glass like on this car? Also some pics show a gray & white car and others show a two-tone gray car, maybe it's my computer? I'd also like to see the actual condition of the seats & rear carpet without the throw pillows, overlays, Yoda & the ball cap. Also, are the interior door cards correct with the matching seat material on there? Are those stainless wheel trim rings correct for a 1946 Desoto? Maybe they are, I don't know. I see the car has a 12 volt battery too. I'm asking these questions mainly because of that National Award Winning badge displayed on the front grille. i know very little about show judging but wouldn't the car have to be exactly as it left the factory to qualify for an award like that? Again it's an attractive car BUT........