For Sale: 1957 Mercury Monterey 2dr Hardtop - $11,500 - Joliet, IL - Not Mine

For Sale: 1957 Mercury Monterey 2dr Hardtop - $11,500 - Joliet, IL 

1957 mercury monterey for sale by owner - Joliet, IL - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1957 Mercury Monterey 2 Door Hardtop 312 4bbl Y-block V8, push button auto, bone stock never modified, Nantucket Blue/White, very solid car, original owner from Dec of 1956 until June of 2023, this car was this man pride and joy he loved it for over 60 years, car spent its entire life in St Louis area, owner's manuals and receipts since new. plastic seat covers on it since new, every piece of chrome and trim is orig. nothing is missing, starts runs and drives very well but could use a little carb work it had been in storage for a few years when i got it. took it to one car show this summer and it got a lot of attention. my asking price is $11500 which is very fair if you know what '57 Mercs sell for, clear title in my name.   Don't ask if it's still for sale because that tells me you are an idiot!
Copy and paste in your email: 3d3d6b0d1b153e88b3b71cc180fda0bc@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1957 Mercury Monterey 2dr Hardtop.

'57 Mercury Monterey IL a.jpg

'57 Mercury Monterey IL b.jpg

'57 Mercury Monterey IL c.jpg

'57 Mercury Monterey IL d.jpg

'57 Mercury Monterey IL e.jpg

'57 Mercury Monterey IL f.jpg

'57 Mercury Monterey IL g.jpg

'57 Mercury Monterey IL h.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

The seller writes in his ad, "Don't ask if it's still for sale

because that tells me you are an idiot!"  It's not idiocy

to ask whether the car is still for sale.  It's a courtesy.

Asking first will save the seller from a long conversation

if the car isn't available any longer!

John:

Those "Is it still for sale?" responses are generated by spam phishing bots trying to elicit an email response to collect active email addresses to then send more spam phishing emails to.  What would normally be a courtesy has been co-opted by the unscrupulous larcenous scammers lurking throughout the web.  A response lets them know a person has read it.  Conversely, no response leaves their knowledge of the email address status in limbo. 

Steve

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AdamInNH said:

There must be some reason that the car has California black plates, if it’s been in the St Louis area since new. 

Original Black plate with Yellow lettering  California license plates were issued from 1963 until 1969, but Legacy plates were re-issued in 2021 (not certain). IMO a car that is from 63 through 69 with it's original plate shows that the car has lived all it's life in California. The plate could have been changed during the time that these plates were in use.