What is it?

WhatCarIsThis

Saddened by the loss of your grandfather. If you keep the car, and take good care of it, every time you go for a drive it can be like visiting with him again.

Not a really expensive collectible car, but those Plymouths for their era were good cars, advanced for their era and fairly reliable. 

There are some proper ways to put a car back onto the road if it has been sitting for very long. Brakes are most important, and cleaning up the fuel system nearly as important for getting it to run correctly.

The interior looks really nice! Do you know if it is the original or not?

• Like 4

These are great driving cars when properly sorted. very "peppy" with a fair amount more horsepower then the Ford model A. Steel body, no wood except for floor boards. the motor mounts are rubber between two pieces of steel. these may need to be renewed ( new rubber) but there should be guys in the Plymouth Club who know how to do this.

My first car was a sedan exactly like this, I would still own it but I got to tall to drive it.  As has been mentioned - take the time have the patience to get it properly back on the road then enjoy it.

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I would guess a person could buy this car reasonable, clean it up and have a "Lot of Bang" for the bucks and not be underwater at the end.  As Walt says  they were a great car for their day. . (Hydraulic brakes, pressured oil system, centrifugal spark advance. )

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WhatCarIsThis said:

My grandfather died and left it to me 

My sincere condolences to you and yours, it's never easy loosing a loved one.

I too hope you'll keep it and enjoy it as your grandfather enjoyed it (by all appearances of the vehicle).

I'd recommend airing up the tires (if any are low) clear a good path to push it out of the garage without scratching it, then clean out all of the interior and wash the exterior so she shines to your liking. Once you see her out in the light cleaned up this is the moment the real fun begins and the new memories are created.

I never met my grandfather, but if he ever left me anything like this I would cherish it for all my days. 

I wish you many years of joy if you decide to keep it. 

Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions about it everyone here are willing to help and share their own knowledge

• Like 7