Please ID the 90's 6 volt electric fuel pump.

edinmass

Just got a new toy in, and it has this new to me fuel pump. Looks high end, but have never seen one. Anyone have an idea to manufacturer? Thanks, Ed

IMG_3555.jpeg

Ed…an electric fuel pump? Really??? I can probably find a dozen quotes from you on this forum over the years expounding the horrors of using an electric fuel pump. I’m wondering if early onset of dementia has begun it’s journey taking the place of The Crown!

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, hook said:

Please, for your sake and everyone else's install an inertia switch in line with the pump. It's a small price of insurance that will stop that pump in a collision and help prevent a hot time for everyone!!!! 

Agreed, but I only run electric as a boost in the event of heat soak and an empty carb. On the Model J's we run them stock........with a battery kill switch by the shifter on the floor .

On 11/4/2023 at 12:25 PM, edinmass said:

Agreed, but I only run electric as a boost in the event of heat soak and an empty carb. On the Model J's we run them stock........with a battery kill switch by the shifter on the floor .

That's good, but what if something happens that prevents you from being able to operate the kill switch?

There are simple inherit risks in life..........if I am that worried about it I won't drive a pre war car. One can not take all risk out of life...........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, edinmass said:

There are simple inherit risks in life..........if I am that worried about it I won't drive a pre war car. One can not take all risk out of life...........

It's not the individual that disregards safety or risks his life or equipment by a careless or stupid act that is the problem. It's the innocent people that he endangers and causes harm to. An inertia switch is not like seat belts, or crash helmets that the failure to use only has to do with the individual. 

Interesting that in the 1930’s Model J Duesenbergs had four, count them four electric fuel pumps from the factory without any inertia cut off switch. I guess their engineering was poor? It also had a single mechanical pump. What about the pressurized gas tanks of 1908-1924? Is it irresponsible to drive one of them? Thousands are still on the road. 

• Thanks 2